Redneck chick. No hillbilly.

Ferrous_Kettle

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2021
My 4wk old hen is a polish/silkie/ameraucana woopsiedoodle baby. Her feathers are coming ng in but her neck is super mad. Vet advised I give her amoxicilline (left over from my kittens eyeball goobers) 3x a day and keep her seperate with a buddy for a few days. It's not clearing up. Any takers?

20210412_211454.jpg

Has she been separated? She has been pecked and defeathered. Normally, plain antibiotic ointment is used to treat these wounds until they heal. Is there any way that you can separate her in the brooder, with some netting or inside an small cage with food and water? How old are the chicks with her? Are there grown or older chickens with her? BluKote is a wound spray that could be used to dye the skin blue. Sometimes that can attract more attention to the area, and it stings from the alcohol in it.

Looks more like someone's picking on her.

@Eggcessive
Shr has been seperate for about 4 days. It almost healed up for about a day and then swelled up again and she's scratching at it. I'm going to make her a Dixie cup chickie-cone and see if that helps?
Has she been separated? She has been pecked and defeathered. Normally, plain antibiotic ointment is used to treat these wounds until they heal. Is there any way that you can separate her in the brooder, with some netting or inside an small cage with food and water? How old are the chicks with her? Are there grown or older chickens with her? BluKote is a wound spray that could be used to dye the skin blue. Sometimes that can attract more attention to the area, and it stings from the alcohol in it.
HI, yes. She has been seperate for 4 days and the swelling has returned after briefly subsiding. She is one of the elders and largest chicks. None of the younger ones have the height to reach her neck. Ive been using Pick no More purple cover up lotion. She itching it alot. I'm seeing if I can fashion her a cone

Back
Top Bottom