Rescued chick from cat (*Update* Coop page 26!)

Hi, I just read all of your story. How awsome
big_smile.png
I am so glad that they are doing so well. Sorry you lost your Silkie. From reading on here I see that Silkies seem to be a little fragile. Just so cute. We had 6 chickens but when we sold our house the buyers wanted the chickens and the coop
idunno.gif
Now I am waiting for spring to get more. I can't wait.
wee.gif

i had a 4 week old chick that a dog got in his mouth i got him to spit it out but the chick was hobbling for a couple of days but no blood

We're all great here! Calissa is laying pinkish green HUUUUGE eggs, about one a day! And Floyd is huge and gorgeous and doing great! I'm working on a 17ftx16ft closed in run and coop for them (yes, my dad and I have finally started building :p) Right now they've been living... everywhere. They'll run outside for awhile, come inside for awhile. They basically do what they please, but as soon as their area is finished they're going to be totally outside.

I've been calling tsc EVERYDAY since chick days so I can grab me some more pullets for good ol Floyd :) Can't wait until they get in a shipment of their "mixed pullets" which hopefully will have Americaunas and Barred Rocks.

As for not posting in awhile, well, just livin' day by day, coming home from class and playing with my chickens. That's life right now.

Picture time!

wow, they are so big! I remember when Floyd was just a little ball of fluff without any tail feathers! If only that cat was around, i'd like to see him try to get Floyd now!

Thanks y'all! That cat is still around. I doubt Floyd remembers it was THAT cat, but he runs from only that one
lau.gif
Should see him get after the other cats AND dogs we have. They're all afraid of him now. Floyd still lets me pick him up, carry him around, love on and nuzzle him. He's such a sweet roo! Every time I toss them a treat, if Calissa doesn't grab it first Floyd will get it and call her over to eat it. He hardly gets any treats himself :p
Went by TSC and got me some chicks. A girl that I have class with works there so she let me get 3 instead of the 6 minimum!
ya.gif

I got a light brahma and two tetra tints. They didn't have the best selection, but I don't think Calissa or Floyd are going to care as long as they have some more women around.
ugh. sideways picture. They're still cute :p

Back
Top Bottom