Respiratory Illness/Florfebicol Dosage

YelleBean

Chirping
Mar 25, 2021
I’ve got some young chickens (not yet egg layers) dealing with something respiratory. A little sneezing, looks like maybe stuffy nose and labored breathing/crackling. Does anyone know how I should dose them? All antibiotics require Rx now and this is the formulation I have on hand right now. I have a few silkies who are young and a young wellsummer I need to treat.

Attachments

• BD579B42-A717-49EE-8E52-C513D0F2B881.jpeg
    BD579B42-A717-49EE-8E52-C513D0F2B881.jpeg
    434.8 KB · Views: 36
There could be a virus which doesn’t require antibiotics, or could be a very mild case of MG. Personally, I am a bit afraid to use that on chickens. It can possibly cause kidney damage according to the link listed above. Are you planning to inject it? For respiratory diseases caused by bacteria or mycoplasma (MG,) I would use Tylosin (Tylan) powder in the water for the ones showing symptoms. Tylosin is available here without a prescription:
https://jedds.com/products/tylosin-powder

There could be a virus which doesn’t require antibiotics, or could be a very mild case of MG. Personally, I am a bit afraid to use that on chickens. It can possibly cause kidney damage according to the link listed above. Are you planning to inject it? For respiratory diseases caused by bacteria or mycoplasma (MG,) I would use Tylosin (Tylan) powder in the water for the ones showing symptoms. Tylosin is available here without a prescription:
https://jedds.com/products/tylosin-powder
Thank you so much for the reply! I ended up heading to the vet because it was my son's little silkie who started the weird breathing, congestion etc. and she actaully did agree that it seems bacterial and started Tylan. Within 2 days, the whole bunch of my chickens had the same symptoms so they're all on Tylan SP in their drinking water.

I'm curious, we're on day 4 of treatment, do you think it's safe to add Perdue Rescue 911 into the water with the Tylan or no? Should I hold off on any electrolytes until they're finished with their last dose (tomorrow is day 5)? We've got 100+ degree days here for another week it seems.

Back
Top Bottom