Respiratory infection?

Glad to hear she is doing better:)

Here is the info on Tylan from Plumbs Veterinary Handbook
upload_2017-7-3_22-35-54.png

I have her her medicine this morning, and I'm afraid I messed up. I gave her a bit too much and she breathed a bit in. I freaked out a bit and put her back in the coop and she acted fine. But she was just gurgling moments before. She ran over and started eating breakfast, so does that mean she is going to be fine? I didn't mean to at all...

I have her her medicine this morning, and I'm afraid I messed up. I gave her a bit too much and she breathed a bit in. I freaked out a bit and put her back in the coop and she acted fine. But she was just gurgling moments before. She ran over and started eating breakfast, so does that mean she is going to be fine? I didn't mean to at all...

:hugs It sounds like she aspirated a little. Hopefully she will be fine.

This may be helpful in giving oral medications
upload_2017-7-4_10-3-4.png

upload_2017-7-4_10-3-30.png

Reference photos and article: http://www.hopkinslivestock.com/oral_dosing_article.htm

:fl Thanks! I have been trying to do it on my own, but I will see if someone can help me from now on. I checked on her again and she seems perfectly fine. No panting, no gurgling, no gasping. She eats and drinks fine and is freeranging like a champ. I think she is going to be ok. :)

If it's from dust try cleaning out the coop ASAP and put peppermint oil on the feathers near his head, if you have any mint plant you can also place it on the ground around the coop to help a bit.

Back
Top Bottom