respiratory symptoms- not getting better

Quote: I don't like people like that either, but I'm not the type to waste my energy dealing with them. If you want my advice, I say take a deep cleansing breath and forget about them. Don't waste more time even thinking about it, spend that time with you poultry, pets, or family instead.

Corid... yes, the water in the feed will reduce their water consumption, so you would have to figure out how to get more medication into them, which you could do by giving it orally, or by making a stronger batch of Corid water, or maybe even mixing Corid into their feed. Ideal dose is 9 mg per pound. Let me know if you ever need help calculating how much to use.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

I don't like people like that either, but I'm not the type to waste my energy dealing with them. If you want my advice, I say take a deep cleansing breath and forget about them. Don't waste more time even thinking about it, spend that time with you poultry, pets, or family instead.

Corid... yes, the water in the feed will reduce their water consumption, so you would have to figure out how to get more medication into them, which you could do by giving it orally, or by making a stronger batch of Corid water, or maybe even mixing Corid into their feed. Ideal dose is 9 mg per pound. Let me know if you ever need help calculating how much to use.
big_smile.png

-Kathy
OK. Thank you!

thanks all for your responses. She is on day 5 of the Tylan and actually seems quite a bit better. she never did act sick at all, aside from the sneezing and congestion. So here's the final question.... since she was never with the others directly, if I cull her are they better off? Or are they infected regardless? If thats the case I'd let her join the flock. If I can save the rest of them from being sick, I'll have to make the choice to cull her. Ugh I just wish there was a way to know..

thanks all for your responses. She is on day 5 of the Tylan and actually seems quite a bit better. she never did act sick at all, aside from the sneezing and congestion. So here's the final question.... since she was never with the others directly, if I cull her are they better off? Or are they infected regardless? If thats the case I'd let her join the flock. If I can save the rest of them from being sick, I'll have to make the choice to cull her. Ugh I just wish there was a way to know..
Is the congestion gone?

-Kathy

Whoops! I see what you meant now.

No other antibiotics. My family and my dogs don't seem to get sick like the chickens do =)

I just feel so terrible. I don't know if putting her back with the others would be a wise idea.

Whoops! I see what you meant now.

No other antibiotics. My family and my dogs don't seem to get sick like the chickens do =)

I just feel so terrible. I don't know if putting her back with the others would be a wise idea.
Not sure what I would do... Definitely would not put her back while she's sick. You could try Denagard or Baytril, but Baytril is banned for use in poultry, so that needs to be taken into consideration.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom