Ribh's D'Coopage

Grammy60

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Jul 2, 2019
Smith County TN
You do have some gorgeous sunsets. 🥰
Thank you 😊 they are hard to get, I'm not normally paying attention unless we are outside like last night. Bob saw the sky changing and called me to look 😍

I sure do hope you are right.

I hope I'm right as well!!

LaFemmeKatia

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
May 14, 2020
South Carolina
My Coop
Tragedy almost drove me away. When Daisy, the greatest hen ever, passed, I almost left this website. I had no support network at the time and all these happy chicken stories just made me bitter. I actually walked away from the site for a while. Fortunately, I found my way back.
I am glad you have come back!
I am sorry you lost Daisy The Greatest Hen Ever.
I am seeing, at least in my experience, that having birds is a little different than cats and dogs. My cats and dogs generally lived a normal lifespan (for them anyway). I mean, they sometimes get sick, and accidentally killed too, but somehow it’s different. I got my very first chickens six months ago, and I have already lost six all together, four to a predator. And two ducks. Last year we lost three ducks. (All but one duck was to predators).
I have become attached to my birds, but I can see that it’s a fragile kind of thing.

RoyalChick

Free Ranging
Nov 3, 2019
Northern New Jersey
My Coop
I am seeing, at least in my experience, that having birds is a little different than cats and dogs. My cats and dogs generally lived a normal lifespan (for them anyway). I mean, they sometimes get sick, and accidentally killed too, but somehow it’s different. I got my very first chickens six months ago, and I have already lost six all together, four to a predator. And two ducks. Last year we lost three ducks. (All but one duck was to predators).
I have become attached to my birds, but I can see that it’s a fragile kind of thing.
Oh that is rough. Sorry to hear about your losses.

BY Bob

Proprietor, Fluffy Butt Acres
Premium Feather Member
Jan 1, 2016
Hershey, PA
My Coop
I am very sorry for all the losses you have suffered so early. Good for you in sticking it out.

The relationships can be just as deep as those you have with a dog or cat. That makes it harder in some ways. I never lost a cat or dog to a predator or reproductive issues. Chickens are definitely more shall we say fragile.

Top Bottom