Ribh's D'Coopage

Here's our sky last night 😍 I have another one that is really , but I don't know where it's going yet.

IMG_4114-2.jpg
IMG_4112-2.jpg

Tragedy almost drove me away. When Daisy, the greatest hen ever, passed, I almost left this website. I had no support network at the time and all these happy chicken stories just made me bitter. I actually walked away from the site for a while. Fortunately, I found my way back.
I am glad you have come back!
I am sorry you lost Daisy The Greatest Hen Ever.
I am seeing, at least in my experience, that having birds is a little different than cats and dogs. My cats and dogs generally lived a normal lifespan (for them anyway). I mean, they sometimes get sick, and accidentally killed too, but somehow it’s different. I got my very first chickens six months ago, and I have already lost six all together, four to a predator. And two ducks. Last year we lost three ducks. (All but one duck was to predators).
I have become attached to my birds, but I can see that it’s a fragile kind of thing.

I am seeing, at least in my experience, that having birds is a little different than cats and dogs. My cats and dogs generally lived a normal lifespan (for them anyway). I mean, they sometimes get sick, and accidentally killed too, but somehow it’s different. I got my very first chickens six months ago, and I have already lost six all together, four to a predator. And two ducks. Last year we lost three ducks. (All but one duck was to predators).
I have become attached to my birds, but I can see that it’s a fragile kind of thing.
Oh that is rough. Sorry to hear about your losses.

I am very sorry for all the losses you have suffered so early. Good for you in sticking it out.

The relationships can be just as deep as those you have with a dog or cat. That makes it harder in some ways. I never lost a cat or dog to a predator or reproductive issues. Chickens are definitely more shall we say fragile.

Back
Top Bottom