Ribh's D'Coopage

Such a handsome boy! :love
He really is. I'm not a big fan of tuxedo cats ~ & he wasn't the cat I wanted but I did want his brother & they were bonded & I'm such a marshmallow I took both. 🤣 He is really regal & a total love bug I forgive him his looks. ;)

CHOOK of the WEEK.
Titania.
View attachment 2789264
Titania is one of my newer girls. She arrived with Olivia, Portia, Ceres, Desdemona & our 1st lot of Vorwerks @ the end of last year. I think she is absolutely gorgeous.

According to her breeder Titania is a Frizzle/Aracuna bantam X. Bear in mind Frizzle is a breed out here, not just a feather type. I was really hopeful she'd carry the blue gene marker & I would have another blue layer but she doesn't. She lays wee cream coloured eggs like a frizzle & is showing signs of going broody. My summer could be a nightmare.

Also, our Aracaunas aren't rumpless though all the frizzling makes it hard to tell if the poor girl has a beard or muffs or anything else going on in there.

She is not quite as friendly as Olivia but she isn't unfriendly either & that makes her fairly eay to handle. She is one of my feistier bantams & holds her own really well against all the bigger girls.

Frizzles, surprisingly, are a really, really old chicken breed 1st being mentioned some time in the 1600s & Charles Darwin called them Caffie Fowl & said they were predominanately found in India but the frizzling gene seems to have arisen even further east ~ possibly in China.

All the frizzles I've had have had calm, easy going temperaments & got along well with other breeds ~ which I wasn't expecting as there are warnings all over the internet that these odd looking birds are often the target of bullying by more dominant breeds. I haven't found that ~ but then I started with Lavender who was easily twice the size of anyone else & could given even Soda a run for her money in the weight department!​
Ooooh - I have been looking forward to Titania's week. :love

He really is. I'm not a big fan of tuxedo cats ~ & he wasn't the cat I wanted but I did want his brother & they were bonded & I'm such a marshmallow I took both. 🤣 He is really regal & a total love bug I forgive him his looks. ;)
That is so funny. I love tuxedo cats. I have always said I don't like white cats - yet my big love-bug is almost all white (just like @CrazyChookChookLady's Josh) and of course I love him to bits!

Ooooh - I have been looking forward to Titania's week. :love
Well, she's here!
I think she is a stunner ~ but I do love me a frizzle! 🥰
20210111_185359 (2).jpg

That is so funny. I love tuxedo cats. I have always said I don't like white cats - yet my big love-bug is almost all white (just like @CrazyChookChookLady's Josh) and of course I love him to bits!
:lau I know right! In the end it's personality, personality, personality ~ not looks. Kirby is a wonderful, smart, loving boy & much adored.

Back
Top Bottom