Ripped off. What to do from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wadek2008

Songster
11 Years
Nov 17, 2008
Chapel Hill, NC
Okay so I paid $63 to someone April 28th for some eggs that never came and were never shipped. I sent over 10 emails with one response saying they'd ship them out the following Monday (never happened). I finally filed a Paypal dispute, which they never responded to and I won it, but they couldn't recover any funds. I paid with a debit card.
What gets me is I really think they're legit and just got busy then the birds stopped laying and now they're ignoring my emails because they don't want to give a refund. Would contacting my bank do any good? Anyone have any ideas where to go from here?

there is a feedback post on here~ Post it! People look at it to see who's good and who's bad!!

I'd wanna know...$63 bucks is alot!

You never stated if it was a BYCer. Was it ? I would not post their name on this thread, but I would definately leave a negative feedback on them. Sorry this happen to you.
sad.png

That's terrible, I hope they see this and do the right thing. Definatley post in the feedback thread, you could save someone else the heartache.

They are a BYC member, but I responded to an ad on BantamCallDucks and a Hatching egg yahoo group. I hate to give any names until I'm sure they're not going to make it right.
Does anyone know if I can get my money back on from a debit card transaction?
This is the email I got from PayPal. Id love to know if they're still using the same paypal address. The conclusion I got was that if anyone else sends money to them, I'll get it?

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
question if they become available in the seller's account in the future and
will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include
issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.
Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take
action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss
the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that
it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.

Considering it's been almost 2 months and the person is too rude to even email you back, I would def. tell everyone who it is and also post on places like ripoffreport.com

I don't know whether you can get your money back, I doubt it, but I feel strongly that you should post feedback here, since they are a member here. At this point, I would certainly not worry about their making it right; not going to happen. BYC people shop places besides BYC, and would want to know.

If by some wild chance they should refund the money, you can always edit your feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom