Roooooooooster noise?Now includes Pics of boys

oesdog

Crowing
13 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Ireland
My Roosters are getting really loud - how can I keep them quiet without the Hatchet???

Oesdog ?
hmm.png

Last edited:
My Roosters are getting really loud - how can I keep them quiet without the Hatchet???

Shotgun ?? Short of that ? They are Roosters, and they will get louder

You can't keep them quiet. They are likely competing with each other. Get rid of all but one or two, and that should decrease the noise level a bit.

Good luck.

Roosters crow. It's what they do.

If it makes you feel any better, I do think you get accustomed to it after awhile. I rarely notice my roosters crowing anymore.

Oh guys I love the sound of Roooosters !!!!!!!!!!

Its NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!! - I am stressed out and worried about the naighbor who was really nasty last time we had a roo ( The dad of these chicks!!!)
Knew this wo9uld happen and was prepared in my head but allas not in my heart -
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

I know I have to DO THE THING!!!!!!!!!! I am ok with plucking etc. Done chicken before and Pheasant. But its kind of different when you KNOW them!!!!!

Ok I am a sentimental old fool. - I want to do meat birds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honest I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duck and big Red are on the way out. - Blue is Omlets pal so will keep him a while longer - Omlet looks like she is turning into a he so ???????
Can;t have 4 Roooooooooooooooosters can I.

Oesdog

Sad but true. (I am a bit neurotic- I get nervous if I don't hear mine crow!)

Quote:
Your mostly in USA I am in Ireland - its a wee bit far for my lads to fly!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately no one wants roosters and while I understand where your comming from my original intention was to breed chicks in a closed flock, use the Hens for layers and the unwanted Roooos for meat. I don;t want to spend all this time and effort for someone else to put them in their freezer do I.

Oesdog

Quote:
Your mostly in USA I am in Ireland - its a wee bit far for my lads to fly!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately no one wants roosters and while I understand where your comming from my original intention was to breed chicks in a closed flock, use the Hens for layers and the unwanted Roooos for meat. I don;t want to spend all this time and effort for someone else to put them in their freezer do I.

Oesdog

I misunderstood and thought you weren't ready to "do the deed" yourself just yet. I just figured I'd ask because everyone says it is really hard to rehome roos, but I had posted a listing online for one that I had to rehome and got several responses in an hour which allowed me to chose which person/family I wanted him to go to.

If your intention was to eat the roos, then I suppose now would be the time to start.
smile.png
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom