Rooster behavior

floricik

Songster
Jun 9, 2021
Georgia
I got this rooster from my neighbor two weeks ago. He’s going to be 4mo on 10th August.
Today, while walking and shaking the cup with dried worms to get him back inside his temporary home he attacked my legs, twice.
After I got him in, I picked him up and walked around with him.
He is calling me 🤔🤣 or the chickens when I let him out in the morning and he finds food.
Is it too soon to judge if he’s going to be a mean rooster?

Attachments

• IMG_7472.jpeg
    IMG_7472.jpeg
    742.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_7474.jpeg
    IMG_7474.jpeg
    726.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7532.jpeg
    IMG_7532.jpeg
    666.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7533.jpeg
    IMG_7533.jpeg
    572.1 KB · Views: 13
Oh, this is just the age of my cockerels. Started with around 16 this year.. long story... Down to 6. So far I have not had any actually attack my feet but a few have looked at me wrong and raised their neck feathers to threaten me as I move about. Because I have so many options I would be counting this against the offending cockerel. If you really like his genetics etc. might be worth giving him a little longer to mellow; they can change a lot in their first year. Jury is definitely still out on mine

Oh, this is just the age of my cockerels. Started with around 16 this year.. long story... Down to 6. So far I have not had any actually attack my feet but a few have looked at me wrong and raised their neck feathers to threaten me as I move about. Because I have so many options I would be counting this against the offending cockerel. If you really like his genetics etc. might be worth giving him a little longer to mellow; they can change a lot in their first year. Jury is definitely still out on mine
I am going to give him more time to adjust.
My neighbor and I are thinking hes leghorn and orpington cross?

I am going to give him more time to adjust.
My neighbor and I are thinking hes leghorn and orpington cross?
Could be! The white earlobe and buff coloration might point that way. A lot of my boys were that specific crossing, but to multiple colors of Leghorn, resulting in a variety of looks. Here's one of mine for comparison:
Screenshot_20230711-205739.png

Not all my boys seem to have kept the white lobes but this one did!

Hes been sleeping in the big coop for two nights now but still so afraid of anything it moves. The old ladyes are chasing him away. I put extra feeders and water but I don’t think hes eating much. When they free range hes most the time hanging by the neighbor’s fence and looking at his sisters and brothers he grew up with.
What can I do to help him? I have a small run and coop I can put him in untill hes older?
Sorry about any typo error lol english is my second language.

Back
Top Bottom