ROOSTER GONE BAD

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LIL CHICKEN FARMER, Aug 25, 2008.

1. LIL CHICKEN FARMER

LIL CHICKEN FARMER New Egg

Aug 25, 2008
    GREAT FALLS
    OUR ROOSTER WAS ATTACKIN EVERYONE EVEN THE POOR DOG AND CAT YOU COULDNT EVEN FEED HIM OUR 6 YEAR OLD CAME IN SCREAMING WITH SCRATCHES YELLING GET HIM OUT OF HERE DAD.. NOW WE HAVE NO EGGS? THIS IS OUR FIRST TIME WITH CHICKENS WE HAVE 26 AND IDEAS?[​IMG]

2. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    hmmm well dont need a rooster for eggs only if you going to breed.. second cut his spurs and pen his but up..

3. lleighmay

lleighmay Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    You will have eggs even without a rooster. They just won't be fertile eggs.

4. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Roosters have nothing to do with egg production. Make stew out of him and restore the peace!

5. LIL CHICKEN FARMER

Aug 25, 2008
    GREAT FALLS
    SINCE THE ROOSTER IS NOW GONE HOW LONG BEFORE THEY START LAYING AGAIN NO EGGS TODAY

6. Verboten

Verboten Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Southern Oregon
    How old is your flock? Are they molting?

Just to let you know - many people don't like all caps in discussion forums, it is considered shouting - better to use all lower case if you don't want to use the shift key.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  7. LIL CHICKEN FARMER

Aug 25, 2008
    GREAT FALLS
    WELL THE WERE LAYING WE WOULD GET ABOUT 7 EGGS A DAY THEY ARE 18 WEEKS OLD AND THE ROOSTER IS GONE AND WE GOT 1 EGG TODAY ANOTHER? WE HAD ONE THAT WAA RUBBERY WHATS UP WITH THAT..

8. LIL CHICKEN FARMER

Aug 25, 2008
    GREAT FALLS
    WELL THE WERE LAYING WE WOULD GET ABOUT 7 EGGS A DAY THEY ARE 18 WEEKS OLD AND THE ROOSTER IS GONE AND WE GOT 1 EGG TODAY ANOTHER? WE HAD ONE THAT WAA RUBBERY WHATS UP WITH THAT..

9. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Welcome to BYC.

It would be very helpful if you turned off your CAPS LOCK on your computer. Many of us do feel like it's like being yelled at online. [​IMG]

As for the rubbery eggs, do your chickens have oyster shell or another source of calcium? They need layer feed and oyster shell to have enough calcium to lay eggs with good, hard shells.

Good luck!

10. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    If it was me that rooster will be my Dinner by now last week I had some probles with a rooster and boy he did not finish the day,it sounds not friendly but it is so hard to deal with roosters,good news you can find roosters every day and real cheep.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by