Rooster Missing

I'm sorry this happened. It might have been a predator hate to break it to you. I had a pullet disappear one afternoon, we have lots of land and woods and there are plenty of foxes, raccoons, oppsums, and coyotes. It broke my heart because she was my favorite out of 15 chicks. But don't loose hope!

never loosing hope! even though i am pretty close right now! we have everything imaginable here, coyotes, foxes, owls, wild dogs, and a bunch more!

Keep your hope up - he may well return!

Suzie
fl.gif

Before you give up do some very careful checking around your place for somewhere he could have gotten trapped in. I once had a chicken missing and found it under a plastic tub, it must have tried to land on the edge and flipped it over. He was ok but I once had one that got caught in a fence way out in the pasture and we didn't find him until he died. If there is snow in your area look for tracks. I also had a big rooster who attacked everyone and thought he was invincible- until he tried to attack a car and was flattened. And if you have another rooster as you said they could have fought and he is off licking his wounds. But do look everywhere throughly before writing him off.

Before you give up do some very careful checking around your place for somewhere he could have gotten trapped in. I once had a chicken missing and found it under a plastic tub, it must have tried to land on the edge and flipped it over. He was ok but I once had one that got caught in a fence way out in the pasture and we didn't find him until he died. If there is snow in your area look for tracks. I also had a big rooster who attacked everyone and thought he was invincible- until he tried to attack a car and was flattened. And if you have another rooster as you said they could have fought and he is off licking his wounds. But do look everywhere throughly before writing him off.

h= we once had a hen that did that and we found her later that night all cuddled up and asleep! and i don't think he is anywhere, i put feed and water and apples out for him tonight, and if some is eaten by morning I'm gonna assume he is alive. no snow, but a week ago we did, i wish that were now, so i could follow him!

I'm sooo sorry.
hugs.gif
I just lost one of my favorite chickens [Stupid Raccoon] I'm really worried because one of mine is egg bound
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom