Rooster needs help fast!! Paralyzed!!

mandelke86

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 7, 2013
Illinois
So a couple of days ago my rooster was not looking good. My mom did some research and we thought okay he probably has something so lets get him so penicillin. So we gave him about .5 CC everyday for the past 5 days and he was doing great. However i get home from school today to realize he was not doing great. In Fact he seas slumped over in the corner. I got the chickens fresh water and instead of drinking it he trie to get up only to fall right back down! I picked him up and tapped the bottom of the feet and he still curled his toes and such so i don't think he is paralyzed. However, he docent look good at all i have him inside right now sitting down. I don't know what to do and any information would be very helpful!!!
fl.gif

So a couple of days ago my rooster was not looking good. My mom did some research and we thought okay he probably has something so lets get him so penicillin. So we gave him about .5 CC everyday for the past 5 days and he was doing great. However i get home from school today to realize he was not doing great. In Fact he seas slumped over in the corner. I got the chickens fresh water and instead of drinking it he trie to get up only to fall right back down! I picked him up and tapped the bottom of the feet and he still curled his toes and such so i don't think he is paralyzed. However, he docent look good at all i have him inside right now sitting down. I don't know what to do and any information would be very helpful!!!
fl.gif
Do you know if he was vaccinated for Marek's disease as a chick? Although I think that is highly unlikely given that you know he is a rooster so I'm assuming he's at least a couple month's old.

I do not know he is almost a year old and i got him from cackle hatchery. I was thinking it was marks disease as well but i didn't know for sure. He was fine i mean fine perfect than bam! I don't know what i should do. I would like to keep him as he is a nice rooster who does well with my other birds, but I've raised him from a chick and i hate to see him suffer.

Check for "hidden" broken bones and also for bumble foot. Do you have either Vitamin and Electrolyte powder specifically for poultry or calf- manna? It could be a vitamin deficiency. The powder goes in the water and calf-mana goes in the food. Do you have any way to isolate him?

They are currently in a dog crate as i had to make some changes to the coop because its been flooding around here. No i don't have any vitamins well i think i have fish oil.

Back
Top Bottom