Rooster Rehoming NE Ohio

Natale N

In the Brooder
Jan 20, 2024
Hi Friends,

I have an almost year old rooster (Ricky) that is in need of a new home. I have a flock of 29 and growing right now and 4 of the 29 are roosters (Thanks Tractor Surprise). Ricky is super sweet with me but he is wreaking havoc on the ecosystem. He used to pretty docile around the other roosters and generally stayed out the way. Over the past several months, he has become more aggressive towards my other roosters, who are also sweet toward me and he is very protective of ALL of the hens in the flock. He will chase down the other roosters any chance he gets and he recently fought my oldest rooster Meryl for top dog. I am generally not a person to ever consider giving up animals let alone actually doing it but it just seems as though he may not be a good fit. I will not cull him, I can’t do it and I prefer him go to someone who wouldn’t either. I am located near Youngstown OH if anyone is interested. I have tried posting on facebook without success and I don’t know anyone around where I live that keep chickens let alone want a rooster in their flock.

The picture is actually not of Ricky this is his mate (Meech) but Ricky looks the same but is a bit smaller than this gentleman and his tale is more black rather than turquoise. I would have to get an updated photo of Ricky. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_1148.jpeg
    IMG_1148.jpeg
    725.7 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom