Rooster Ritual

Do you have a rooster ritual?

How precious is this!? :wee It's depressingly hard to find individuals who actually "love" their roosters. :hmm He's obviously very good-natured.

I'll have to film daily rituals with my roos. We've formed a routine where most demand vehemently to be fed by hand....rather than join the flock for mealtime. Evidently, it tastes better when taken from their handlers. ;)

Another commonplace occurrence is coming indoors for special treats and extra attention. Only the roosters participate. One of my OEGBs actually sneaks his way in without permission. :lol: He gets away with it, of course. :p
DSCN2368.JPG

~Alex

Last edited:
Another commonplace occurrence is coming indoors for special treats and extra attention. Only the roosters participate. x

With my flock, it's the three big Dixie Rainbow girls who invade the house and steal the cat's food. They spend half the day lounging on my back porch, except in summer, when they lay around their wading pool all day.

DSCN2170.JPG
We had a buff Orpington rooster who had some physical issues. He had his own flock of hens, but in the evenings he came in the house and we gave him a plate of cut up grapes and then went to his spot for the night. In the winters he lived in the house full time.

... then went to his spot for the night. In the winters he lived in the house full time.

What time did he start to crow?
My Blackfoot started crowing at 4am.
Now I take him every night and put him in a cage in my wood shop.
Foam blocking the window and a packing blanket helps to further muffle the crowing.
You should see him run to his girls when I let him out in the morning.

With my flock, it's the three big Dixie Rainbow girls who invade the house and steal the cat's food. They spend half the day lounging on my back porch, except in summer, when they lay around their wading pool all day.
Sounds like they're living the good life! :thumbsup
View attachment 1680113 We had a buff Orpington rooster who had some physical issues. He had his own flock of hens, but in the evenings he came in the house and we gave him a plate of cut up grapes and then went to his spot for the night. In the winters he lived in the house full time.
So fat....:love I feel a sudden desire to squeeze him. :)
My roo is just starting to settle in, so he doesn't have a set ritual yet. However, he is snuggled daily and very sweet with his hen.
View attachment 1680180
What a doll! :love Does he enjoy cuddles?

~Alex

What time did he start to crow?
My Blackfoot started crowing at 4am.
Now I take him every night and put him in a cage in my wood shop.
Foam blocking the window and a packing blanket helps to further muffle the crowing.
You should see him run to his girls when I let him out in the morning.
He would start crowing around 5 am, which was okay, since I get up around 5:30. Then while I sipped coffee he would sit on my lap.

He's no longer here. We miss him a lot!

Back
Top Bottom