Rooster Wheezing and Hens have Diarreah

Risen242

In the Brooder
Jan 20, 2017
My rooster hasn't been able to crow in a few days now. I don't see any noticeable signs of a sickness. No diarrhea, Crown looks normal. It almost sounds like he is wheezing. He is walking around wit his mouth open and ever once in a while tries to crow and almost sounds like a squeak. I also have to hens that have diarrhea not sure if it is related but seemed to happen around the same time.
I don't really have the ability to separate them with our setup.

Any help would be much appreciated.

welcome-byc.gif

Sorry to hear your rooster and hens are causing some concern. You might want to post on the ER thread so someone there can give you some advice. Here's a link to take you there:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Hope all is ok.

If you have to look something up and maybe you will find some thing. like I had to get a new folk because my folk was all sick so we sprayed some disinfecting spray and now my new folk is all new and better

There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run. Even an old dog create would work as a temporary hospital. If it's contagious, it will spread to the rest of your flock. He's sounds to be in respiratory distress, so it could be airborne. Good luck with your chickens.

Last edited:
G’Day from down under Risen242
frow.gif
Welcome!

I hope that you are able to determine what ails your chickens and they make a full recovery.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom