Rooster Wheezing and Hens have Diarreah

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Risen242, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Risen242

Risen242 New Egg

Jan 20, 2017
    My rooster hasn't been able to crow in a few days now. I don't see any noticeable signs of a sickness. No diarrhea, Crown looks normal. It almost sounds like he is wheezing. He is walking around wit his mouth open and ever once in a while tries to crow and almost sounds like a squeak. I also have to hens that have diarrhea not sure if it is related but seemed to happen around the same time.
    I don't really have the ability to separate them with our setup.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. N F C

N F C Happy T-Day! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  3. Risen242

Risen242 New Egg

Jan 20, 2017
    Thanks for letting me know.

4. silkielife8181

silkielife8181 New Egg

Jan 20, 2017
    Field ON Canada
    If you have to look something up and maybe you will find some thing. like I had to get a new folk because my folk was all sick so we sprayed some disinfecting spray and now my new folk is all new and better

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. Great link from NFC - hope that the ER peeps will be able to help you out. In the meantime, this link may be useful - http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Good luck
    CT

6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run. Even an old dog create would work as a temporary hospital. If it's contagious, it will spread to the rest of your flock. He's sounds to be in respiratory distress, so it could be airborne. Good luck with your chickens.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Risen242, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! Hope your chickens are feeling better soon! Best wishes!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sounds like they all need treatment. Please post in full detail on the ER forum.

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Risen242 [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope that you are able to determine what ails your chickens and they make a full recovery.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by