Rouen Duck thread

Pics

Happy ducks
1f44d.png

Cooling down, it's hot in iowa
2600.png

They are adorable! Something neat I like to do during the hot months is chop up some fruit or veggies into bite size pieces for them put them in a freezer bag and fill it until bout 3/4 full and freeze it over night. That way its readily available the next day. Then I just put it in their pool and as it melts Lil pieces will float off. My ducks love it and it helps keep them cool :)

Wow you must have a lot of land? The one duck comes back every three days to eat. I don't know how to train him to come back every night so the predators don't get him. The other duck never came back. Every once in a while I see him swimming in the middle of the pond, I know he's okay. I'm not too worried at this point. Until winter comes then I'll worry.
Not a lot of land, especially with my goals I want to hit...I need a lot more.....
big_smile.png
. I just have 83 acres. I shouldn't even have 3 acres money wise so I put that as my user name to remind me to be thankful....
big_smile.png
. I hope they end doing what you want! I think part of my ducks not wanting to go into the pond is because there is some "friskiness" going on now in the deeper part and the females weren't ready yet...the females run the show.....
big_smile.png

Not a lot of land, especially with my goals I want to hit...I need a lot more.....
big_smile.png
. I just have 83 acres. I shouldn't even have 3 acres money wise so I put that as my user name to remind me to be thankful....
big_smile.png
. I hope they end doing what you want! I think part of my ducks not wanting to go into the pond is because there is some "friskiness" going on now in the deeper part and the females weren't ready yet...the females run the show.....
big_smile.png
Wow that a lot of acres. I thought I had a lot. I have 41 acres. Love the pic's!

Hi there I am a newbie getting lots of good info but my main reason for joining is to find a new mate for my very depressed female rouen. My male died unexpectedly Friday morning. they were inseparable and now she just mopes around. We found him Friday morning in the dog house she was laying next to him he was fine when I locked them up for the night they share a house with 2 month old geese and have been since the geese have been 2 weeks old. I really just need to find here a mate she is so lonely. He was about 3 months old and just getting his green head and white ring. He was beautiful and was a snuggler too. I am trying to find one close to one of my houses I have one in ma and one in maine. If anyone out there knows of someone selling rouens please let me know. Thanks

Hi there I am a newbie getting lots of good info but my main reason for joining is to find a new mate for my very depressed female rouen.  My male died unexpectedly Friday morning.  they were inseparable and now she just mopes around.  We found him Friday morning in the dog house she was laying next to him he was fine when I locked them up for the night they share a house with 2 month old geese and have been since the geese have been 2 weeks old.  I really just need to find here a mate she is so lonely.  He was about 3 months old and just getting his green head and white ring.  He was beautiful and was a snuggler too. I am trying to find one close to one of my houses I have one in ma and one in maine.  If anyone out there knows of someone selling rouens please let me know.  Thanks

I'm so sorry for your loss. Maybe there's something over in the buy/sell/trade section or the rehoming thread.

Back
Top Bottom