RP: Black Australorp Pullet or Cockerel?

TheSmallz

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 22, 2013
Vermont
Any thoughts on this BA? We call her Esther. Should we be renaming her to Edgar? She is about 9 weeks old. She looks different than the other BA that we have. Her tail is quite high and she walks differently. She also is a strange one. Kind of a loner. Her comb is almost completely black still. Edith our other BA has a redder comb and some waddles starting. This breed seems to mature very slowly. Not sure I am a fan. I really love my Buff Orpington ladies though. :)

Yes, I agree, pullet. I have some BA'a also 9 wks old. 5 pullets, 1 cockerel. The cockerels comb is much bigger than the pullets. He is just stsrting to crow and it sounds pretty rough, like he needs to be greased, pretty funny.

Yes, I agree, pullet. I have some BA'a also 9 wks old. 5 pullets, 1 cockerel. The cockerels comb is much bigger than the pullets. He is just stsrting to crow and it sounds pretty rough, like he needs to be greased, pretty funny.

You are making me feel much better! We have a RR cockerel and I believe he is the one that I hear trying to crow. He is also huge compared to Esther and CLEARLY a roo. I knew it from day 2 with him. He is going to be really pretty. I just hope he stays nice. :)

Back
Top Bottom