*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Good idea about throwing them into the air while they are away from the flock! I'm going to take one far away from the flock to the other side of the pond... So if they don't fly and fall down they will land in the water and won't hurt their legs. Of course they may choose to land in the water just for fun, but it's worth a try!
It always has worked! It seems to encourage them if you throw them into the wind. I just "graduated" the runner in the video and I am going to start on the other drake! I wish I had a big pond so I could buy some pekins and train them.
D.gif
They don't have a duck flying emojii.

Tried to give the drakes a boost over the water. Didn't work. I think they're rubber balls rather than ducks. That's about the trajectory they take in the air. Flap wings - no effect - splash into the water. They don't seem to mind the landing, though. Maybe they think it's fun? And I even have one that doesn't try to fly half the time. Wheeeee (wings held close to body) - splash - shake the tail. Ah, well, they're darn cute anyway!

Tried to give the drakes a boost over the water. Didn't work. I think they're rubber balls rather than ducks. That's about the trajectory they take in the air. Flap wings - no effect - splash into the water. They don't seem to mind the landing, though. Maybe they think it's fun? And I even have one that doesn't try to fly half the time. Wheeeee (wings held close to body) - splash - shake the tail. Ah, well, they're darn cute anyway!
lau.gif
I can imagine what a runner looks like doing that! I wonder if they would be smart enough to flap if they were over land? I wouldn't risk it though. It can take ducks and geese a little while to learn how to efficiently use their wings. For a while my geese and mallards would just run along the ground flapping with all of their might, which was enough to lift them, but they flapped wrong so they couldn't get up. The geese both finally flew within a day or so of each other, but the mallards had about a week gap.

Back
Top Bottom