Runny brown diarreah

SuziQ18

Songster
Feb 17, 2017
Pacoima, CA
My Coop
My Coop
One of my pullets has been having runny brown diarrhea. I noticed this morning that there are red worm-like mucous "things" in it, that I thought might be little red worms. Read an article here that it may be stomach lining. I have been giving her yogurt, cooked rice, etc for the diarrhea but it has not helped to completely stop it. She drinks water fine, eats fine, very active, but a bit concerned about her stools. Leaving it to the more knowledgeable of you! Thanks so much for any info I can learn from you. Crazy Chicken Lady over and out!

That sounds a bit like intestinal shedding, but a picture may help. Has there been more than on dropping like that? Coccidiosis can cause runny droppings with mucus or blood. If she seems a little sleepy or weak, not eating well, stands around hunched or puffed up, then I would treat her and the others for coccidiosis with Corid ( amprollium) from a feed store. Dosage is 1 1/2 tsp of the powder or 2 tsp of Corid liquid per gallon of water for 7 days.

Back
Top Bottom