Sapphire Gem? Andalusian? Some blue leghorn?

TexannaRanch

In the Brooder
Aug 21, 2022
Mystery TSC bantam birds picture

I have no clue what they are because they were in the mixed straight run bantam bin... hopefully the photo linked properly.

originally I thought these were blue plymouth rock... then sapphire gem... then maybe andalusian, but while the hens have started laying white eggs and have white ear lobes, they have yellow legs. Does anyone know they variety? They are beautiful and the roo is absolutely gorgeous.

I dont think they're bantam at all, they're nicely sized compared to my other 16-18 week birds... but that's the bin they were in cause if I remember correctly, the box they came in from the hatchery had them listed as welsummer. It was a whole deal where the store manager was running back and forth because they came out of the box "blue" instead of brown. But they just put them in the straight run mixed bantam bin.
They're the "blue breasted brown" Leghorns that @The Moonshiner mentioned. We were actually just talking about them yesterday (or day before). Funny thay we saw your post with some.

Moony, you have your own that you created yourself, correct?

I dont think they're bantam at all, they're nicely sized compared to my other 16-18 week birds... but that's the bin they were in cause if I remember correctly, the box they came in from the hatchery had them listed as welsummer. It was a whole deal where the store manager was running back and forth because they came out of the box "blue" instead of brown. But they just put them in the straight run mixed bantam bin.

Are they bantam sized? They don't look like it.

@The Moonshiner check these out. TSC birds. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom