Sapphire Olive Eggers from Hoover's Hatchery

Also, this picture on TSC is directly from Dominant CZ, so it looks like it’s confirmed - Sapphire Olive Eggers are Dominant Greenshell 107.

Attachments

• IMG_7669.jpeg
    IMG_7669.jpeg
    427 KB · Views: 59
Ok, so these actually look almost exactly like Dominant Greenshell GS107- Link to Dominant.cz breed page, and I’m inclined to believe they are, because many hatcheries in the US have been importing Dominant’s lines (Sapphire Gems, Pearl Star Leghorns, etc) because they are good layers, hardy, and their lines are easily sexed at hatch (sex-linked colors or feather sexed)

I could be wrong, but I have 5 of these from a hatchery here in Poland who gets eggs or has breeding flocks directly from Dominant CZ. I ordered them as sexed pullets, but they’re feather-sexed so a boy slipped through. I’m not mad about it lol

They’re 7 weeks old, varying shades of blue. They’re very flighty, unfortunately. I can’t get within a meter of the cockerel, he’s as bad as my Isabella Leghorns.

I attached a pic of a grown rooster from Dominant here as well
Wow!!! That's amazing information!!! Thank you so much!!!! I think you're 100% right.

My girl Peek-a-boo, just past 10 weeks old. No sign of a crest yet unfortunately. Rather shy compared to my other girls (hence the name...) but better than she used to be 😊

IMG_2023-05-21-15-19-12-220.jpg
IMG_2023-05-21-15-18-48-443.jpg
IMG_2023-05-21-14-47-43-585.jpg

My girl Peek-a-boo, just past 10 weeks old. No sign of a crest yet unfortunately. Rather shy compared to my other girls (hence the name...) but better than she used to be 😊

View attachment 3514070View attachment 3514071View attachment 3514073
I'll be interested to see how this turns out. Because my Dusty doesn't have the crest yet either. But stormy does . I was wondering if they have me one Sapphire Gem by accident. Guess I'll have to see if I ever get 2 olive eggs the same day. Lol

Sorry to impose or hijack this thread, but I am going batty trying to figure out what my 11 week old roo is. Purchased as a mystery breed to me since he was the only black/grey/white chick in a tub of white leghorns at TSC. I am posting pics here since he looks, to me, very similar to a Sapphire Olive Egger or at the very least a regular Olive Egger. Hoping someone might know what he is...

Attachments

• willow6.jpg
    willow6.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Willow.jpg
    Willow.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 32
  • willow7.jpg
    willow7.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 33
  • willow3.jpg
    willow3.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 41
Sorry to impose or hijack this thread, but I am going batty trying to figure out what my 11 week old roo is. Purchased as a mystery breed to me since he was the only black/grey/white chick in a tub of white leghorns at TSC. I am posting pics here since he looks, to me, very similar to a Sapphire Olive Egger or at the very least a regular Olive Egger. Hoping someone might know what he is...
He's gorgeous. I'm guessing yes an olive egger of some sort. Looks like there's rust in the wings like EE roosters. Someone in the thread above posted the Dominant Greenshell that's the breed most likely is. Maybe the rooster of the breed can have rust in the wings?

He's gorgeous. I'm guessing yes an olive egger of some sort. Looks like there's rust in the wings like EE roosters. Someone in the thread above posted the Dominant Greenshell that's the breed most likely is. Maybe the rooster of the breed can have rust in the wings?
Thank you! Yes, he's definitely a handsome chap. I appreciate your input.

Here’s a little update of my Green Shell/Sapphire Olive Egger cockerel. So far he’s growing up to look like the hatchery website pics 👍 edit: he’s 11 weeks here

Attachments

• IMG_0371.jpeg
    IMG_0371.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0370.jpeg
    IMG_0370.jpeg
    931.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0369.jpeg
    IMG_0369.jpeg
    643.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0368.jpeg
    IMG_0368.jpeg
    880.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Git a
I'm making this thread to post information specifically about the Sapphire Olive Eggers from Hoover's Hatchery. They are a new breed for them and I can't find very much information on the anywhere. (NOT A SAPPHIRE GEM - THEY LAY BROWN EGGS) These lay olive eggs.

I contacted the hatchery and then said they do not disclose what breeds they used to get this mix. And they do not have a picture of the rooster.

If you have any of these please post pictures and the age the picture was taken. Also any information you can share on them. Thank you much :)
Got a sapphire olive egger in early Feb, beautiful bearded, muffed, rose comb near as I can tell, hasn't started laying yet, so can't verify olive eggs. She is absolutely gorgeous so we will see.

Update: Dusty and Stormy
Stormy is definitely a Sapphire Olive Egger and started laying at 17 weeks. Dusty however is looking like they gave me a Gem pullet on accident instead of an olive egger. But I'm actually happy about it. She's so beautiful. They both are but now I have both breeds so that makes me happy. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230731-140847.png
    Screenshot_20230731-140847.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20230731-140645.png
    Screenshot_20230731-140645.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20230731-140751.png
    Screenshot_20230731-140751.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 38

Back
Top Bottom