Sasha's autopsy

@Miss Lydia
We just got the results from the autopsy. Fair warning: it is morbid.

So what happened was she had a hemorrhagic cyst on her overy.

So basically, she had internal bleeding and bled to death. The autopsy doctor said that even if we rushed her to a vet as soon as we saw she was sick, there was nothing that could be done.

I'm depressed she died such a horrible death, but I'm very relieved it's not contagious. And I'm kind of relived that there was nothing I could do, not because I don't care about her, but because I now know that I didn't do anything wrong, or it wasn't that I didn't act fast enough.

Oh gosh I am so relieved for you. It was out of your hands that’s for sure,and you gave her a wonderful life while you had her so keep that close to your heart. :hugs I am sure you are very relived for the rest of your flock too.
Thank you

I'm very relieved for my flocks sake. Before he did the autopsy, the doctor thought it was coccdioisis, so I spent the night panicking that it'd spread throughout my flock.

One of our chickens may have it, but she's separate from most of the other birds, so it can't hurt as many birds than if Sasha had it.

Thank you all again for your support and help.

Hi, so sorry about your loss., however as the autopsy doctor, explained, to you.
Even if you had got her to a vet, there would be nothing they could have done.
You said, you feel bad, as she had a a horrible death. But please always remember,
you was right by her side. Which brought her comfort, and now bless her, she is on
Rainbow Bridge, with her buddy. And they waddled off together in the sunset. :love

Back
Top Bottom