say "cracked corn"

LOL I have a GLW named Wynona too. Mom's GLW cockerel is Wyatt...

I wonder how many wyandottes have similar names like that!

Your Wynonna is gorgeous! I love her, lucky you!

Awesome pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
do you have a pic to share? what's her personality like? mine is a bit standoffish, but i'm wondering if that's because we didn't raise her from a baby like the others.

My Wynona is also a bit stand-offish, but she seems to be warming up. She's been handled a LOT, as we got her as a new hatchling from McMurray, and she lived in the house for the first month of her life. She never has wanted all the attention that was lavished on her, and she's been kind of shy.

But now she's getting to be one of the first in line for treats when I go outside, and she lumbers across the yard to me every time she sees me come out. She just doesn't want me to touch her.

The way she moves, she reminds me of Lady Cluck from the Disney Robin Hood cartoon. She is my favorite, looks-wise!

My camera and photography skills don't compare with yours. This picture was taken last Friday, I think. She's almost 8 months old:
P1300020.jpg

And this one was taken in December:
PC300004.jpg

I just got a new "professional" type camera. Man...it's hard to figure out. I can't wait until I get pic of my birdies. I love to capture them growing....which I have so far with my crappy camera.
Those pics are so great.

Quote:
Our Wynonna's sound like the same hen! Has yours laid an egg yet? Mine is now 8 months old, and no eggs yet. My Wynonna looks a bit heavier than yours. But then my other hens are banties, so it might just be a visual contrast thang.

Back
Top Bottom