Scissor Beak - How to fix?

ChickensAndWine

Hatching
Apr 14, 2023
Hello! I am posting on here since one of my pullets (Americauna) has developed scissor beak that is causing her to get bullied by the rest of the flock. She is able to eat mash but she is growing slower than the rest of the girls. (Pictured below) Any suggestions on how to help correct or straighten her beak?
1743D13E-6A28-403F-9408-520907C6E769.jpeg
C2AB59DC-19C6-4CA0-9A7D-29D7AC7CE20C.jpeg

I have an Americauna with the same. I wonder if it’s common for them? She is 6 weeks now and doing fine! She is definitely always hungry/food motivated and not doing as much scratching and pecking as the others, but she appears to be getting enough to grow. She’s on par with everyone else size wise. I imagine she’ll be on chick food, maybe wet, for a while if not forever. Good luck!

I have an Americauna with the same. I wonder if it’s common for them? She is 6 weeks now and doing fine! She is definitely always hungry/food motivated and not doing as much scratching and pecking as the others, but she appears to be getting enough to grow. She’s on par with everyone else size wise. I imagine she’ll be on chick food, maybe wet, for a while if not forever. Good luck!
Easter Eggers are pretty known to have scissor beak. Not uncommon.

Back
Top Bottom