SE PA - Lavender Orpingtons

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by she-earl, Oct 12, 2013.

1. she-earl

she-earl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2009
    Lancaster County PA
    I have three Lavender Orpington hens. They are not laying anymore as far as I know. They are fully feathered and very nice looking. The oldest one enjoys sitting on your lap or being held. I can take them to auction but it tugs a little bit so I thought I would try BYC first. :) I am in Lanc. Cty.

2. Katt66

Katt66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2013
    Barnesville, PA
    Wish I would have found this thread sooner. Was just down that way on Friday. We live in East Central PA just south of Hazleton.

3. she-earl

Jan 17, 2009
    Lancaster County PA
    They are still here. I didn't get them to an auction yesterday because of scheduling conflicts. Will you be getting down this way again?

4. CristinaB

CristinaB Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2013
    Knoxville Maryland
    I would be happy to take in your hens, I could meet you half way as I am in Knoxville Maryland. Are they not laying because of winter? Or because of age?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  5. she-earl

Jan 17, 2009
    Lancaster County PA
    Most likely they were not laying because of age. Unfortunately, I just took them to a small animal auction on Tuesday of this week.

6. 14RiceM

14RiceM Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh man!!! I live in Lancaster a couple minutes from the city!! I TOTALLY would have taken them:( So sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by