***SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

I set 120 Coturnix eggs on the 4th. 80 Texas A&M and 40 Jumbo Browns. We will see what happens on the 21st of Sept.

61245_quail_1.jpg

AshleyFishy:
fl.gif
thumbsup.gif

TCollier:
ya.gif

I have a question that really needs to be answered FAST! - I had 1 button hatch out this morning, today is day 16 but they usally hatch on the 17th day ... the last batch 1 of them zipped then died and another one would had died if I hadn't of helped it out. The other eggs that have pips in them haven't really made in progress ... should I help them out?
hu.gif

I want as many possible to hatch because I am going to sell them to a man ..
hmm.png

ADIVCE!

I help mine out if I dont see progress after 12 hrs after the pip.
we had one hatch today
54640_1st_chick.jpg

7 more to go, no pips yet...due today.
30 more going in as soon as bator 2 stabilizes and another 30 once these last 7 hatch.
Come on hatching gods....hatch out these last few!
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif

Last edited:
BloominOrchid:
thumbsup.gif
&
fl.gif
for the last few!
fl.gif

hit.gif

hit.gif
Sad News
hit.gif

hit.gif

One of them got too hot and died!
hit.gif
I'm so mad at myself for not turning off their light ...
he.gif
somad.gif
smack.gif

Another one hatched, so far I have: 1 Multi-Colored One, 2 Cinnamon ones - depending if the other two eggs hatch or not I may end up keeping a few for myself ..
wink.png
hmm.png

Oh Bloomingorchid so glad someone hatch so when your kids come home they at least can see one baby-that is going to be one little spoiled chick if it ends up being the only one.
fl.gif
sending hatching vibes to all
MrsFluffypuffy I help mine if they have started to zip and no progress too-I know this goes against what people used to do but this is the new age of hatching lol-Im sure their moms help some so I figure its fine and I would loose babies if I didnt, esp those little call ducks with their tiny little bills

Last edited:
well i have had 11 silkie chicks hatch and 9 bantam buff orpingtons so i had a good hatch, even tho 1 chick died and 3 eggs were quiters.

had to get ride of another egg
sad.png
it had started the seep.
sickbyc.gif
i just candled them yesterday too. so now the first round of hatches is down to 3 and its only day 10. hopefully i will have something to put in the hatcher when day 18 gets here, but at this rate i don't know.

Back
Top Bottom