SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG!!!

No intentional meat crosses because the Red Rangers are molting. I will have Naked Necks that will 1/4 Red Ranger. I will eat any male culls but its a step towards another meat bird cross later down the line. I will have Dark Cornish I got off of eBay but picked up in person, and yes I will eat the weaker males. I have Golden Phoenix because all my females died and I have a Rooster who is lonely. I got those from the same guy I bought eBay eggs from. I didn't pay through eBay though since I met him in person I figured I would ask about the other eggs he sells. I have Blue/Splash/Black Ameracuna(sp) I got off of Craigslist. I will be using them to tinker around with crosses to make different egg colors. From my own birds, I will hatch out a few Seramas to see if they are fertile. Having issues with that breed but since they eat so little I can afford the problems. I will be hatching out some Ayam Cemanis. Out of all the breeds I had saved eggs for this hatch I choose to hatch out Cemanis and Seramas now because they do not lay in winter. The other breeds I rejected this time around due to lack of space were mostly winter layers and I have all winter to hatch those out.

Ooooh, that sounds like such an amazing variety and gonna be an awesome hatch I am sure!

BO = Buff Orpington. They are my favorite hens, so sweet and lay nice big eggs. And they don't fly! The incubator is called the Little Giant. It's a styro type, and definitely not my first choice, but all I could get in a day's notice. This wasn't something I planned. I had a broody hen and thought I'd give her the opportunity to hatch out some babies, so I ordered some, since I don't have a rooster. Then she decided she wasn't broody anymore. Probably my fault because I kept taking her unfertilized eggs. :he So eggs arrived and I needed to do something. :barnie Now I am learning as I go and hope for lots of help from my friends here on BYC! It will be fun hatching together! :wee:ya

Yes, I love hatch-a-longs... Such a great experience and you meet new "BYC friends,"
this is the second one that I've started this year.

IMG_1939.JPG

64 eggs 22 need to be hand turned for the first 10 days then I candle and keep the best 42. Now I need to go to Amazon and get more Brooder heating plates. Filling out the calendar now with the important dates on this hatch. September 3rd Hatch day, but since I am starting at Midnight I need to be prepared for everything to happen a day early.

View attachment 1876402
64 eggs 22 need to be hand turned for the first 10 days then I candle and keep the best 42. Now I need to go to Amazon and get more Brooder heating plates. Filling out the calendar now with the important dates on this hatch. September 3rd Hatch day, but since I am starting at Midnight I need to be prepared for everything to happen a day early.
Wow. That's brave.:bow

View attachment 1876402

Ah wow, thats amazing:pop:love:caf

Yay! September hatches! I’ll be watching for all the adorably baby photos...

I’m taking September off for sure, and probably no hatching for a while. :( I’ve got 25 Delawares coming Sep 9, and a still undetermined amount of specialty broilers from Moyers hatchery coming a week after that!

I know BYC does a New Year’s Eve hatch a long, I’ll probably set something up to do that hatch. The Easter one was so much fun this year to all be on the same timeline of the hatch!

Yay! September hatches! I’ll be watching for all the adorably baby photos...

I’m taking September off for sure, and probably no hatching for a while. :( I’ve got 25 Delawares coming Sep 9, and a still undetermined amount of specialty broilers from Moyers hatchery coming a week after that!

I know BYC does a New Year’s Eve hatch a long, I’ll probably set something up to do that hatch. The Easter one was so much fun this year to all be on the same timeline of the hatch!

AAH man, I love following along with your hatches, I was hoping you'd have one to throw in this HAL, but... It does sound like you need a break lol.

Back
Top Bottom