SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG!!!

IMG_2035.JPG

I actually have something worth posting! first 10 days is so boring, waiting to candle... but I got a package in the mail, a 2nd brooder plate because the first one only handles 20 chicks. I bought the exact same one I bought before so now I can handle 40 chicks. The only problem is that I will need to make a new brooder to fit them both in, the one I have now is an inch too short to fit them side by side.

Ah man, that stinks... glad you didn't only have like 2 or 3 of those eggs lol.
I guess I could say thats why I over stack the incubator but truth is if I didn't over stack if I never would have handled the egg to drop it. if I was short on eggs I could seal the barely noticeable spiderweb shatter cracks with something but I have a surplus of eggs so why stress the one?

I guess I could say thats why I over stack the incubator but truth is if I didn't over stack if I never would have handled the egg to drop it. if I was short on eggs I could seal the barely noticeable spiderweb shatter cracks with something but I have a surplus of eggs so why stress the one?

Yeah, that makes sense.

Looks like I'll be joining the September hatch a long! The Black Copper Marans eggs were delivered yesterday. 15 shipped, 1 cracked. They rested 24 hours. The remaining 14 started incubation today. I won't plug in the turner for another 3 days. The plan is to hatch upright in an egg carton. Otherwise it's a normal incubation. Can't wait to see what everyone is hatching.

IMG_20190815_205423486.jpg

Looks like I'll be joining the September hatch a long! The Black Copper Marans eggs were delivered yesterday. 15 shipped, 1 cracked. They rested 24 hours. The remaining 14 started incubation today. I won't plug in the turner for another 3 days. The plan is to hatch upright in an egg carton. Otherwise it's a normal incubation. Can't wait to see what everyone is hatching.

View attachment 1879221

So glad you can join! Ive been following your posts in @Trimurtisan thread, and i saw you said that you bout some BCM eggs, and i was actually wondering if you were gonna join over here or not. But anyhoo, its great to have more peeps on the way!!!

Back
Top Bottom