Serama Chick Care, Am I Doing It Right?

After finally getting a 5 pence piece near them without them trying to eat it:
20210503_201739.jpg
20210503_202042.jpg

Cute!!
Looks like 2 roosters and a hen.

Did they all turn out to be roosters (I know, I replied kind of late; sorry :))

Jeremy is definitely a boy, 100% XD
Snowbell looks to be a very flashy hen, as she lacks the saddle feathers Jeremy has despite being the same age.
And Dolly is probably a hen too, but she is a week younger than the other two so it is hard to really tell.

Better closeup pic of the speckled chick's head
View attachment 2638463View attachment 2638465
That’s a cockerel. Serama pullets don’t get in much comb at all until they’re older.
Round neck feathers = hen

Pointy neck feathers = roo
The lack of pointed feathers at that age really doesn’t say anything. If there’s no pointed feathers at 12 weeks, then that could point to pullet.

That’s a cockerel. Serama pullets don’t get in much comb at all until they’re older.

The lack of pointed feathers at that age really doesn’t say anything. If there’s no pointed feathers at 12 weeks, then that could point to pullet.
Ah! Well, if I get two boys I will love them regardless. ^^ Dolly is defo a hen then.

I will have one boi as a house pet, most likely Snowbell, and the other hen and rooster in the coop and run we are gonna build.

I will have one boi as a house pet, most likely Snowbell, and the other hen and rooster in the coop and run we are gonna build.
It's cruel to keep a chicken by it's self. You will need to get Snowbell a friend if you want to keep him inside (though it's better for him to live outside, where he can forage and live a natural chicken life, and have him take trips inside).

Back
Top Bottom