Serama Egg Pipping For 12 Hour!! What To DO?

the beginner

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 29, 2016
Hi all I have a serama pair and they layed eggs and I decied to put the eggs in the icubator.I added 3 to the icubater and only one was fertile.How ever 12 hour ago I went to on the egg and so the one fertile egg was pipping, eager about the egg I woke up early in the morning to check and it still in the same postion only pipping and same siize whole! What should I do??? The egg is a bit deformed and quite long.Shoulld I help it hatch

Hi all I have a serama pair and they layed eggs and I decied to put the eggs in the icubator.I added 3 to the icubater and only one was fertile.How ever 12 hour ago I went to on the egg and so the one fertile egg was pipping, eager about the egg I woke up early in the morning to check and it still in the same postion only pipping and same siize whole! What should I do??? The egg is a bit deformed and quite long.Shoulld I help it hatch
Serama should take 19 days to hatch. Most eggs of any chicken will pip externally 12-24hours before they zip and hatch. I would not worry about it much unless you are beyond the 19day mark.

If you do decide to help it, stop if you see bleeding.

Back
Top Bottom