Seriously quick help with a kitten we found!!!!! UPDATE page 5

After you bring her to the vet let us know what he/she said and recommended. All of us can learn from this and in the future help someone else with the same dilemma. I'm so happy she made it through the night and will be taken care of from now on. GREAT JOB!
smile.png

Please keep kitty separate from others. Goopy eyes and noses could be a symptom of distemper. Check her paw pads for thickening or yellowing of the pads.
Then there is felv/fiv, which are not great, either. I second the salt water eye wash. It won't hurt and might bring relief to the baby.
Use 1/4 teaspoon of table salt to 1 cup of water (room temperature). Three or four times a day, use a cotton ball to drizzle a small amount saline into the cat's eyes. Make the saline fresh each and every time, because bacteria could grow in the solution between treatments.

info ganked from random website.

Good luck and thanks for taking in the little foundling.​

Quote:
I've raised and found homes for over a dozen feral kittens, some of which barely had their eyes open. In my experience, I have yet to find one that can't be tamed if you are feeding and handling it. Usually the ones who have been dumped or abandoned by the mother react very quickly to TLC, and grow into sweet family cats. I'm glad you're taking it to the vet so it can be checked for feline leukemia and get started on its shots. Good luck with the baby.

Took her in this morning and the vet was running late so I had to leave her. They are supposed to call in a little while and let me know whatever needs doing. The staff was in awe that she was alive, I told them she looked 100 times better than she did 2 days ago and was at least twice as big as she was when I found her. I have been washing her eyes out with saline solution and she has had breathing treatments. She is feeling better today than she has yet. She is wanting her milk replacer about every 2 or 3 hours and she was actually purring this morning when I had her tucked in my shirt. She hadn't purred or meowed since we have had her until today. I'm trying to get a pic uploaded but I'm having troubles with my internet connection today. Will try to get one posted as soon as I can.

OK, back from the vet. She has worms, URI, and ear mites. They gave her ear drops, eye drops, and Clavamox (amoxicillan), She seems worse now than she did when I left her. She's just so weak and having trouble breathing. Hopefully she will get better before she gets worse. Wish us luck.

1571_023.jpg

AWWWWWW!!!! So cute! I'm assuming they checked for Feline Leukemia? And that it was negative?
fl.gif
She looks so adorable. Worms along with an upper respiratory infection can be rough - trying to fight an infection with all of your nutrition being stolen by little slimy critters in your gut!!!
barnie.gif
I can't wait to see a pic of her after she's fully recovered...
wink.png

I can tell you that that pic makes her look WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than she actually does. And the vet tech said they checked for everything so hopefully they did check for the leukenia and aids thing.

Back
Top Bottom