Seriously? The ER? For that?

PotterWatch

My Patronus is a Chicken
11 Years
Apr 22, 2008
Virginia
I just dropped off my husband and youngest at the ER. We were out on a bike ride and my youngest was having an asthma attack. He took his meds, but it didn't seem to be helping. We have gone through this before and figured we should just go to the ER since his breathing was labored enough that he couldn't get out a full sentence.

Anyway, there was a husband and wife and their four young kids in front of us. Turns out they have all had a runny nose and a cough since yesterday so they all trooped in and all want to be seen... in the ER! Doesn't that stand for emergency room? After I left to bring the dog and our other son home, my husband texted me that the girl behind him in line came in because she has a new tattoo and it hurts.
roll.png
Are you kidding me??? That is the kind of nonsense that crowds the ER so badly that people who really need it can't get seen in a decent amount of time. Really ticks me off.

Unfortunately since most people have no insurance or can't afford it they go to the er where they have to be seen and can skip on the bill. Some of the hospitals take worst case first (the ones in richer areas) but the others it is first come first serve (unless you lopped a finger off or something. No blood means you wait. That is only at the hospitals in poorer areas)

We have a $4,000 deductible and so unless there is a fever or vomiting we don't go to the doctor we wait till our yearly check up. Last year they thought I had severe allergies or asthema but I won't know anything till this friday. We can't afford to rack up anymore money on our doctor bill, we are still paying for the birth of my daughter and that was two years ago. The only one that goes to the doctor when sick is Sophie but she has chronic ear infections so when she is sick the world stops in its tracks...lol.

Is your son okay. This time a year is a pain for attacks.

Last edited:
Usually it's because either they don't have insurance and can't see a regular doc

OR the doc double-books and can't see you until sometime next fall
roll.png

"um yes, I need to make an appointment, I think my tattoo is getting infected"
"we have an opening in October, will that work?"

"my cat Tiger has a really bad puncture wound, I can see inside his leg do you think you could fit us in?"
"nope, not today, not tomorrow, how's next Monday?"

I'll save my money
he.gif

Anyway, there was a husband and wife and their four young kids in front of us. Turns out they have all had a runny nose and a cough since yesterday so they all trooped in and all want to be seen... in the ER! Doesn't that stand for emergency room? After I left to bring the dog and our other son home, my husband texted me that the girl behind him in line came in because she has a new tattoo and it hurts. Are you kidding me??? That is the kind of nonsense that crowds the ER so badly that people who really need it can't get seen in a decent amount of time. Really ticks me off.

okay here there are dumb poeple and then there are relly dumb people​

Last edited:
This aint too hard to figgure out. I have two words for you folks: swine flu.

Lori gashed her hand open last Thurs day evening and we went to the ER. She was bleeding bad and took 7 stitches like a trooper. But the place was jammed, and I mean packed, with snot nosed, hacking little kids and their haggard parents. It was pandemonium.

One little brat figured out he could fit the facemask given out by the ER staff onto his butt, and soon all the little kids were having a great time running around spreading their germs... their little butts covered with a mask.

The staff told me that since the word "pandemic" was first uttered, most evenings were like that.

Can anyone say media panic?

a couple years ago my youngest, 2 years old, had a severe gastroenteritis. Dehydrated and very sleepy. We waited in the ER for nearly an hour before they took him in. I sat there holding this kid so sick he cant even sit up. He ended up being admitted for 3 days. Now they finally have a triage and urgent care rooms for some not extremely serious things.

It happens all the time. I just love it when your down in the ER giving a breathing rx (i'm a respiratory therapist) and the phone rings and they're like "man I got to call you back I am at the Dr. office." Drives me batty. I work for a not for profit hospital that has a free clinic next door to one of our campuses and people still come to the ER before the free clinic. As long as tax money pays for it they will keep coming.

Back
Top Bottom