Setting Eggs 12/28 - Hatching Buddies? Hatch-Along

It's officially my Day 1 and turning has begun! Temp and humidity were steady, and I'll candle one of them tomorrow during their break. I got my dad a 160 lumen flashlight for Christmas, and I'm going to use it as my ultra candler! I'm so excited, I should be able to see a ton of detail. My flashlight is 90 lumens and i could see quite a bit, but this'll be even better.

Never have been able to see through a quail egg. I just fill yhe water res. Try and keep the temp between 98.5 and 100.5 and Turn.Turn.Turn! I have good numbers in my quail pen so I have gotten 100% hatches from them. Shipped eggs? UHG!

Sphinx. My gusband got off my back about my birds when I showed him video of Pandora. My friends frizzle polish roo wearing a diaper and a ponytail tie in his topknot dancing in her kitchen.

Hello all,
Just found this thread. I set my first eggs in an LG still air on the 29th? I'll have to check that date.
I've got BLRW, PRB, and BBSOB in there. I added the new eggs layed that day to the ones I saved for hatching.
Boy I hope this works and that there are some "shes" in it. So very tired of the extra roos.
Janet

Hello all,
Just found this thread. I set my first eggs in an LG still air on the 29th? I'll have to check that date.
I've got BLRW, PRB, and BBSOB in there. I added the new eggs layed that day to the ones I saved for hatching.
Boy I hope this works and that there are some "shes" in it. So very tired of the extra roos.
Janet
Welcome to the hatchalong! I never mind extra roos, they're good for the freezer. ;)

Of course, now that I've said that, I'll get like 95% roos this hatch. Haha!

I'm going to go candle right now then!!!!
gig.gif

Still see lots movement!! Some of them looked like they were dancing!!

I did notice that some of the showgirl eggs had "saddle" looking airsacs, is that going to be an issue? and what causes it?

I set mine on 12/25 the drk brown eggs I can barely see anything the two extras the seller threw in some Frizzle Cochin's may have some veining and a drk spot..
fl.gif
They had a rough delivery here were a week late arriving and were not packed well so I'm sure some are scrambled..

Back
Top Bottom