Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

MMB53: I am setting Brahmas also. However, mine are a mixed lot of gold laced, buff laced, silver laced and dark. So not sure which colors I will be getting.

My last hatch were dark, white, and buff pullets.

So I am excited about the laced.

MMB53: I am setting Brahmas also. However, mine are a mixed lot of gold laced, buff laced, silver laced and dark. So not sure which colors I will be getting.

My last hatch were dark, white, and buff pullets.

So I am excited about the laced.
So very cool, glad to have another brahma lover to share with!!

Hi all,

I set my variety batch just now. All upright this time round to let the air sac reattach after shipping (they were left to settle first). Some of the eggs were freshly laid a few days ago, some are around 5 days old, and some are a month old having been leftover from a previous batch, but I thought what the heck give them a try.

I have set 13 eggs which include jersey giant, buff orpington, bantam chocolate orpington, lavender sabelpoot, bantam silver laced wyandotte, sicilian buttercup, maran, croad langshan bantam, plus some mystery eggs which could include any of the following: sussex, la fleche, faverolles, warren, silkies, dutch bantam, pekins or polish x. Some were not labelled by the breeder before shopping so are my mystery eggs.

I am working on the law of probabilities. I hope to get at least 50% hatch success, of which I hope that no more than 50% will be males, leaving me with 3 lovely lady hens to add to my flock of 3. I wonder if it will turn out this way?
big_smile.png

I really want a JG and a SLW and my son really wants a buff orp. But... the maran egg is so gorgeously dark chocolate brown that I want to keep that chick if it is a hen, and the langshan will be so beetly beautiful... and if I get a silkie I will have a fabulous natural fluffball incubator....There I go getting carried away again, lol.

I am so looking forward to seeing what hatches!

Rowlow: how is the homemade incubator working for you. we tried real hard to make one, but just could not get the thing to regulate temp & humidity. So we just went ahead and bought a store one.

Last edited:
Woohoo!!! I got pick up both my packages of shipped eggs. SWEET, They came in on the same day! Gotta get cleaned up and head to the post office!

Wooo Hooooo!!! I lucked out a new hatching thread and Brahma folks!! Hello!! I have 11 LB hens and 1 roo, been trying my hand at hatching all summer, lots of fun. So far I've sold all my LB chicks but have 9 shipped LBs in lock down waiting for pips any minute (keepers)!!! I also set 39 of my own LBs last night!!! I'd love to do more with the Brahmas , possibly Buffs some day. But found a fancy for Dorkings and Salmon Faverolle too, so working on 3 small folks to raise and work on. I hatched 6 home bred LBs on July 9th and 10th along with 6 Dorkings.

There are a few Dorkings in the pic too, maybe 3 Dorkings but 2 for sure.

Thanks for making this post and wishing everyone the best of luck!!!!!!

Woohoo!!! I got pick up both my packages of shipped eggs. SWEET, They came in on the same day! Gotta get cleaned up and head to the post office!

Woo Hoooo Kimbroe didn't we just hatch on the 6-18 thread? Yippee!!! Let's do it again!! Maybe some of the others will join too?

Woo Hoooo Kimbroe didn't we just hatch on the 6-18 thread? Yippee!!! Let's do it again!! Maybe some of the others will join too?
Yes we did! I was gonna post a link to this hatch a long on the 6/18 thread. Seems like lots of folks were gonna set this week.

I'll be setting mine probably tonight after the eggs have set for 12 hours. (my rational is that right now they're sitting at the post office here, so that should help them settle too, right?!?!?
gig.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom