1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Setting eggs weekend of Feb 22-23-24? Come hatch-a-long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by TarheelBirdy, Feb 21, 2013.

1. TarheelBirdy

TarheelBirdy Chillin' With My Peeps

Anyone setting eggs this weekend? I am setting 14 shipped Silver Laced Wyandottes and 7 of my own Swedish Flower Hen eggs.

Who's with me?

2. TarheelBirdy

There's got to be someone!

I just set 14 SLW eggs and 9 SFH eggs, plus one RIR/SFH mix.

3. MMB53

MMB53 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Sharpsburg MD
    Hi I set 17 of my own Brahma eggs, 1st time hatching home bred eggs. I have gold laced, silver lace, buff laced , buff and dark Brahmas. Hope I get some fertile eggs, my girls have only been laying about 1-2 months. I bought my breeders as hatching eggs last year. Still looking for some partridge brahmas too.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  4. TarheelBirdy

Good luck with your hatch, nice to have a buddy here.

5. MMB53

Oct 15, 2010
    Sharpsburg MD
    Tarheelbirdy will you be candling this weekend?

6. TarheelBirdy

I plan on candling on Monday, since I have to take a batch out that day to put into lockdown. When will you be candling?

7. mjanderson437

mjanderson437 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2013
    SC Lowcountry
    I set 17 OEGB and 5 BSL x OEGB eggs on Tuesday, 2/26 so I'm slight behind y'all. This is my first ever hatch so hopefully all goes well. I also have 7 mallard eggs that I started a week earlier so they would hatch at the same time. Already candled the ducks and definite growth!

8. LONDON HENS

LONDON HENS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2012
    Hi, I started some eggs on the 22nd Feb. I put them under my broody hen.
    So I bought 6 Light Sussex eggs on ebay and so far they are doing well. I candled on day 11 and everything seemed to be going well!

[​IMG]

9. TarheelBirdy

Mine are coming along well too. I hope to have a good hatch - I just had an entire batch of Marans eggs die after lockdown. 12 eggs. [​IMG]

10. MMB53

Oct 15, 2010
    Sharpsburg MD
    Well none of mine were fertile. These were the 1st batch I collected from my home hatched Brahmas from last spring. Guess my roos are missing the spot, lol. I collected another batch and set them last Mon and Tues so will be candling tonight to see if any luck this time.

Good luck you all, I will be watching your progress. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by