Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

After reading that article about keel bone fractures makes me wonder if any vets around here have access to a hormone implant similar to what was mentioned in the study, that would delay the onset of their laying so they can mature a little more.
Someone on byc got an implant for a hen that kept prolapsing. I think it was $150

A little tax before shadrach gets me
20211231_134044.jpg

Someone on byc got an implant for a hen that kept prolapsing. I think it was $150
My first thought was “yikes!” But considering a vet visit, the device and the procedure, I suppose $150 is quite a fair price.

Wow, that’s a bit pricey! Did it work?
Would like to know the same!

I believe it did work but it only lasts a month or so.... I think a few months later they ended up putting her down.

Wow, that’s a bit pricey! Did it work?

My first thought was “yikes!” But considering a vet visit, the device and the procedure, I suppose $150 is quite a fair price.

Would like to know the same!

I believe it did work but it only lasts a month or so.... I think a few months later they ended up putting her down.
I guess I shouldn’t be entirely surprised. And @blackacres , you’re right, that’s not that bad, considering that my dogs yearly vet bill with shots, heartworm test/preventative medication, and teeth cleaning is around $400.

This tax from earlier, My banty coop.
Only the frizzle at the front does lay eggs just now .
Next should be the black top knot silkie are all young will not lay till spring. The bird at the back is the only one leaving a cockerel with the frizzle gene. The blue on is a EE so six birds will live there.
005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom