Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

If you apply narrow criteria, an argument for sentience can be made and there was one made by a Google staff member just last week. He's now on administrative leave while the lawyers work out how to sack/silence him. That's what they do when their own ethicists rock the boat. In any case, I prefer wide criteria for sentience.
That's the article I had in mind.

Technically impressive! But is it really a dance if there's no inner joy? I'd also like to know the extent to which the robots are responding to the music - if it suddenly switched to a waltz, would they waltz or continue with their agility displays?

Shad, so sorry for all the unchickeny chat.

IMG_2021-11-28-07-27-23-272.jpg

Yes - they are a middleman which is why I am confident they are just focused on the backyard chicken keeper market. I also happened to have their revenue.
I suspect the hatchery margins are thinner than My Pet Chicken but I have not really dug into it. I haven't even looked at how prices compare. I suspect the hatcheries employ more people too.
I don't understand MPC. If they get chicks from the big hatcheries and sell them to the customers, doesn't that:
  1. Make them more expensive
  2. Make the chicks travel twice?
Yes it should! But it doesn't have any arms or means of navigating the back steps. So if I want it to continue picking up the stray bits of dust, cat fur, leaf, and chicken feathers that accumulate in the house, I'm going to have to keep emptying the dust catcher! Hoisted by my own petard :lau
Seems like they could be designed to dump their little bin into a larger one then get back to the job. The bigger one could be emptied at your convenience and not require taking anything out of the robo-vac

Sounds like a rabid dog.:lol: I would prefer a floor I could sweep and mop but I've got carpet instead. I recently bought a vacum cleaner. I don't think I'll be getting one of those robo vacs.
Have you heard of a series of animations called Love Death and Robots? There's a great animation in the series where the house robot malfunctions. It's good series. A bit strange at times but usually very well done.
Yes 😂 at minimum a bad puppy.
Haven't heard of it

I don't understand MPC. If they get chicks from the big hatcheries and sell them to the customers, doesn't that:
  1. Make them more expensive
  2. Make the chicks travel twice?
I think MPC does tend to be more expensive. But the chickens don't necessarily need to travel twice as they can be shipped directly from the actual hatchery.
MPC does much more marketing directed at backyard chicken keepers than the hatcheries do and I am sure they can guarantee a certain volume and benefit from a volume discount from the hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom