She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. sorry about that can't stay on line to much to do . you get the lumber if you did get your self to work

1 person likes this.
  2. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    That's awesome!! I hope she makes it the whole 21 days!! Can't wait for updates!

Last two days we had 70 degree weather. It was beautiful. Then this afternoon the heat and humidity came in with a vengeance. I just changed the chicken's water and added ice cubes. I was just thinking, "what else can I do for them?". I'm gonna soak half the run when I go back out. Thanks for the idea.

You're making me drool hearing about all that incubating!! I wish I always had a set or two going on...non-stop! That is the best!! Update when one hatches!! And it sounds like you have a good wife there!! :)

I can't upload more then 2 pics at a time. You hit the little picture button and upload one. Then you hit it again to upload another. Anything over 2 and it won't let me. I'm on an old iPhone.

3. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

You might be too young to remember, there are 2 gals that sing kinda folksy rock, called The Indigo Girls. Had a friend see them not long ago, so they still get around. Their music is different but I always liked them. Awesome acoustic harmonies, if you like that kind of thing.

All my family left and the thunder and lightening rolled in!! Have not heard thunder like that in a long time. BOOM! Hoping my power stays on. One friend brought me a new bottle of turkey, so I'm good, even if the powers goes out lol

1 person likes this.
  4. dan26552

dan26552 Flock Master

Oct 28, 2014
    Waiting for epicness.
    My Coop
    LOL! We were raising them for meat and missed two when we sent them to be butchered. The two we missed happened to be a roo and a pullet, they were both very calm, nice birds. We had a flock of laying hens too but they wouldn't accept the hen so the had free run of the yard but was killed one night [​IMG]

Oh nice. Awesome

5. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

What got ahold of them?
    My son's dog got a mouth full of my big brahma's tail feathers today. Luckily we called him off, but now my roos have shyed away a bit. They have probably gotten too used to my dog anyway, so its probably good that they be a little more cautious of 4-legged animals.

6. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Thanks. It does need a cover. Next year I want to get a different bator.

Sorry about the wife loosing her job. But very glad to hear your "rambling" we'd miss you if you weren't here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] These days I have enough trouble just keeping up with our thread...lol

[​IMG]

Apparently I am too, cause all it makes me think of is "Indigo children" lol

7. peecock

peecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2015
    Alabama
    Something keeps killing my guineas don't know what what is

8. AmyLynn2374

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Something as in predator or sickness???

9. AmyLynn2374

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    @gachooks I can't quote you cause you asked in an ovation about Willie. Thanks, I thinks he's quite nice looking, but I have absolutely no clue what his mix is. He washatched from my sister's barnyard mix eggs. I've seen some cream legbar roos that he resembles, but [​IMG]

10. BlackwoodHollow

BlackwoodHollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2014
    Northeastish Ga
    Awesome. He is one of the prettiest mixes I have seen. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by