She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

I'm Baaaaack!

Ok, after 2 days down with the dog and then my own allergies because of said dog bringing me down, I received the HovaBator 1588 Genesis yesterday
wee.gif
I've playing with the humidity/temp. It has been a steady 45% and 100.8 at egg level on the turner. The upper thermostat is reading 99.4. I'm happy with the humidity, not sure about the temp, everything i've read said between 99 and 100 at egg level. Guess that's why I have all week to play with it until I'm happy.

I still have about a dozen, time to refresh the ad. I still have a turkey in the house and it's time for her to get her big bird feathers on.
How is that little one doing? Does she still get to sit by you at the computer?
Just caught up, but gotta go take the doggies out :/ Day 21 for me, well, will be in an hour and 20 minutes, nothing yet, took a quick peek earlier, still alive and active but no drawdown yet but some look like they may be starting to. But I do have... rockage? Lol
What were your temps? Plus you took them out almost everyday to candle, right? Sounds like you're a day or two behind. But as long as they are still moving and draw down hasn't happened, you know they are doing good and just need some time to finish up.
LOL. Looks like I'm missing the swap, just got back from running errands, buying dog food, blah, blah, blah. Trying to get the house in shape since we'll have a houseful for the Balloon Fiesta in a couple of weeks. We're just across the river from the Balloon Fiesta Park so often they go right overhead. Already seeing pilots and test runs prepping for all the contests. LOVE balloon season! A few pics from last year:
Oh, that looks so cool!! I can't wait to see pics from this year. After all the talk about food last night (that I read this morning) I went out back & picked some green peppers & jalapeños, scrambled up some eggs and added tobasco sauce and cheese and made a giant burrito breakfast...it was so good!!
I'm very doubtful of a parade. I locked down 23, and there's no way 18 are hatching, but the 3 darkest eggs are pipped, one starting to zip. I'm working on a house for George and Gauge...
More pics of hatching if you have time!
I wish my ducks were here... But then again, it would never look like this if they were....
That's beautiful!! Will you keep the calls there in spring?

I think mine are going to take a day or 2 longer. There's still alot of fluid in the eggs and some of the cells are still kinda small
hmm.png

And, if you see a lot large blood vessels..some still looking pretty thick. Good luck, they start sucking up all of that stuff pretty quick once they start. Soon, soon. :)

How is that little one doing? Does she still get to sit by you at the computer?

She's doing well! She loves to sit by me but she also loves to poke the buttons on the phone while I am on conference calls on speaker phone. She has unmuted and talked to customers...I told her she needs to be good but like any youngster she doesn't listen too well.

That looks like a postcard scene...beautiful.  If only ducks were content with paddling and not plodding and pooping...

Thanks! And exactly!

She's doing well!  She loves to sit by me but she also loves to poke the buttons on the phone while I am on conference calls on speaker phone.  She has unmuted and talked to customers...I told her she needs to be good but like any youngster she doesn't listen too well.

Sounds about right. And I thought you were gonna post a pic of her on your head? :)

I'm Baaaaack! 

Ok, after 2 days down with the dog and then my own allergies because of said dog bringing me down, I received the HovaBator 1588 Genesis yesterday :weee  I've playing with the humidity/temp. It has been a steady 45% and 100.8 at egg level on the turner. The upper thermostat is reading 99.4. I'm happy with the humidity, not sure about the temp, everything i've read said between 99 and 100 at egg level. Guess that's why I have all week to play with it until I'm happy. 

Genesis bators are forced air (have a fan) so you want the temp at 99.5... I have 2 of those, best styro bator out there, I believe... but still get an extra thermometer or 2 and hygrometers... I never trust digital anymore in bators, humidity seems to cause them issues after a while...

Okay so this Chickie, it's name is Little Bit, any thoughts as to gender? It's a Birchen Frizzle Bantam Cochin. Sorry forgot to add age. Almost 11 weeks old.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom