shipping eggs to europe

Freysnes

Songster
Jan 18, 2020
Iceland
Hi there !
Now i know this might be a completly wild question but here goes, i have been looking for polish chickens in europe forever and i cannot seem to locate one breeder that sells them unfortunatly.
Does anyone here have any experience shipping eggs across the ocean from USA to European countries or is that just an insane concept?
Thank you !

Also if anyone knows any polish breeders in europe that would save me time LOL

Hi there !
Now i know this might be a completly wild question but here goes, i have been looking for polish chickens in europe forever and i cannot seem to locate one breeder that sells them unfortunatly.
Does anyone here have any experience shipping eggs across the ocean from USA to European countries or is that just an insane concept?
Thank you !

Also if anyone knows any polish breeders in europe that would save me time LOL
I don't think it's legal to ship any type of poultry from or to the US.
Sorry!
Yea me neither, since there’s risk and with avian influenza going around the east coast, but Europe I have no idea. Good luck!

It's illegal without meeting import/export guidelines through customs. And we're having bird flu outbreaks everywhere.. so be SURE of your source!

I have received shipped eggs from one side of the USA to another.. hatch rate was AWFUL. Jostling, temperature fluctuations, age of eggs at time of set, etc all effect hatch rate.

Some hatcheries have worked with importing and I've seen some that do export to Canada for a pretty penny to cover all the permits required.

Copied from Jenks, probably referring to live chicks..

*For shipments to Canada, please call to pre-arrange order details. There is a $175.00 USDA Export Permit Fee for each order shipped.

I think the shipping time makes it nearly impossible unless you're importing full grown birds..

Back
Top Bottom