Should i assist?!?!

MearBear

Songster
Apr 2, 2018
Canada New Brunswick
I have a chicken Egg That Is at the end of Day 22. The chick has been fine and growing properly. I candled yesterday and it was moving in the Egg with no internal pip. I Just candled again and i didnt see any movement but i did see veins by the air sack in the space that the chick hadnt taken up , but the chick still hadsnt pipped inside the Egg. Do the veins mean its still alive? Should i wait another Day or should i poke a hole in the air sack? Any help Is greatly appreciated

I just had the same issue with ALL of my duck eggs and it turned out to be malposition in the shell. What I did was was go into the the air sac and make a small hole, then try and find the beak through the membrane. Once found, I carefully made a VERY small opening for the beak to poke through. There’s probably a better way to do it, though... this was my first ever hatch.

I just had the same issue with ALL of my duck eggs and it turned out to be malposition in the shell. What I did was was go into the the air sac and make a small hole, then try and find the beak through the membrane. Once found, I carefully made a VERY small opening for the beak to poke through. There’s probably a better way to do it, though... this was my first ever hatch.[/QUOTE

Did they survive? I wouldn't mind trying this and if the chick doesn't make it, at least i tried. I'll give it another hour or two though just to make sure. Thanks!

Can you tell us what your incubator temperature has been, and whether your incubator was still air or forced air?

The temp has been 37.3 most of the time, its never been higher than 38 and humidity has been around 40 or 55% in a forced air incubator. The chick was completely normal and was growing properly as far as I could tell.

The temp has been 37.3 most of the time, its never been higher than 38 and humidity has been around 40 or 55% in a forced air incubator. The chick was completely normal and was growing properly as far as I could tell.

37.3 would be just slightly low, so that might mean it's just running a little late. Also, what date did you set the eggs?

Did they survive? I wouldn't mind trying this and if the chick doesn't make it, at least i tried. I'll give it another hour or two though just to make sure. Thanks!

They did! I lost one but my 9 others are doing well (6 still in shell).
28AF940C-AA68-4CD6-BE2B-EC2AED4A9EF2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom