Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Yes she is!
love.gif

In other news, I think Roger has been planning her next trip to Walmart.

1005585_428856887212192_1450131471_n.png

ep.gif
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
Yep, I would soooo do that!

I have a "Hen Hotel". A new broody coop and run. I think this would make the ultimate "chicken jail" if I could get my hands on it. Hello Roger

Middle boy noticed one of my younger pullets walking funny and squatting every few feet yesterday. ..she waddled off into the woods. And came out a bit later walking normal....sigh. I guess this torrential downpour we have right now is just another reason to keep them cooped up today without them complaining too much

Good luck with the build W4W, My husband is outside today building for me. Had to take the car to be inspected and hit the gym this morning....Now I am searching for new eggs. I was tempted by rhodebars last night and even sent a payment in case they happened to be still available. Sooooooooo....suggestions? I have someone who is willing to sell me Lavendar Orps...I love the look, my husband thinks they look dirty.
tongue.png
So what to buy what to buy?

Well, I had to box up my little ones to send with my dad to the fair.....
hit.gif
He didn't take 3 of the chicks that were a little older, and have some feathers already, so my brooder box isn't completely empty. I do have a question though, one of the remaining chicks makes a funny trilling noise when it poops, like it is constipated or something.... Any ideas? Anyway, I didn't get any eggs yesterday, or at least I didn't see any when I shut the coop up last night. BUT....... This morning I got 3 out of 3!!!!!!
wee.gif
Now, only to get them into the nesting box since we moved them into the new coop! Speaking of new coop, I need some color ideas! The hubby built it out of pallets, so it has to be painted or sealed or something, and I can't decide what to do! HELP me pick! LOL And below is pictures of the coop and some of the girls before we moved it to its new location! (please ignore the mud, we've only been here a few months and still trying to get grass sowed!)

PIC HEAVY!

Lindz, that is beautifully done, I would stain it to seal it....I bought paint for one of my coops and its a green color...I worry that it will chip or somehow not be good for the chickens...crazy lady I am.

I took pictures to share of this mornings going on...

he looks so happy doesn't he?
clap.gif

Building nesting boxes on the old shed conversion...

I interupted Tommy three times while she tried to lay...every time she would run out of the nesting box so fast I didn't even see her...she ran down the ramp (thats when I would know who it was) out the coop and around the shed. She is so flighty. I had to feed her treats to make her come back and calm down.

After that I was screwed....Happy Hen Treats for all.

The New Additions..MC do you still think the yellow is a girl?

Decided to cut some celery and prep it for freezing.

Chilling in my garden...brought it in with my celery by accident...had to let it go once I noticed. My brother in law was holding it for the picture.

Here are some pictures of my 3 brooder babies that I have left..... Any idea what kind they are? I am assuming that the middle one is a cockerel and the other 2 hens, and guessing that they are between 3-4 weeks old.

Sally... those chicks are adorable, and I think the yellow chick is a girl...nice new setup being built too! everybody posted really nice pics!

W4W, the new girls are gorgeous! I love the pics, very artistic.

I have cheeping eggs... don't know how many are cheeping... but she's still got all five... pretty cool... so maybe tonight, but at least by morning, I should have chicks!

Well, I had to box up my little ones to send with my dad to the fair.....
hit.gif
He didn't take 3 of the chicks that were a little older, and have some feathers already, so my brooder box isn't completely empty. I do have a question though, one of the remaining chicks makes a funny trilling noise when it poops, like it is constipated or something.... Any ideas? Anyway, I didn't get any eggs yesterday, or at least I didn't see any when I shut the coop up last night. BUT....... This morning I got 3 out of 3!!!!!!
wee.gif
Now, only to get them into the nesting box since we moved them into the new coop! Speaking of new coop, I need some color ideas! The hubby built it out of pallets, so it has to be painted or sealed or something, and I can't decide what to do! HELP me pick! LOL And below is pictures of the coop and some of the girls before we moved it to its new location! (please ignore the mud, we've only been here a few months and still trying to get grass sowed!)

Cool coop. I would paint or stain it whatever will give off the least amount of fumes. Can't imagine it would be good for the chickens, but then again I'm extra sensitive to that kind of stuff.

As for the trilling-pooping chick, as long as the plumbing is functioning, I wouldn't worry. Since they are on shavings, make sure they have some grit. My chicks always end up eating shavings, so they need grit or coarse sand.

Not sure about the breed on the dark chicks. Probably a common black hatchery breed. If their eyes look solid liquid black, they could be Australorps (which I love).

Back
Top Bottom