Show me UGLY coops- where my peeps at?

This thread hits close to home....maybe a little too close. :oops::lol: Our possibly 100-year-old-milkhouse-turned-coop is nothing to look at. :p However, it's sturdy, and does its job keeping the girls safe every night with cinder block walls, concrete floor, and metal roof. :) Not to mention, it holds quite a few birds....though not nearly enough to satisfy our addiction. ;)
Here it is when we bought the property, obviously in the process of removing unwanted greenery in preparation for an upcoming flock:
View attachment 1570651
The inside:
View attachment 1570649
View attachment 1570650
~Alex
Hey, that looks like Mars! I have a spare / dysfunctional air-lock that looks EXACTLY like the model those hens are using (have a similar long-term plan, in fact, but with fish)!

My ugly-coop is here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/coop-deployment-on-the-domestead.74485/

Your article is great. That's an amazing coop for being on Mars. Your chickens look happy and seem not to notice the lack of atmosphere. Chickens are good sports like that.

You asked for it so here is mine. I normally don't show it off, lol. It started as someone's cat kennel and I got it for free. It's more of a tractor or grow out pen but very handy. It has food, water, roosts and shelter from rain and wind. I have extra tarp to replace the blanket, but for the purposes of this thread I think it's perfect as is. It's not very secure, but good enough for outside the back door where I like to keep youngsters.
20181025_172656.jpg
20180922_112444.jpg

Back
Top Bottom