Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny you guys were talking about birds running around at night. My wife sent me this pic this morning. Birds still in the trees after 7am. Perfectly camouflaged, can't hardly see em

How can you trust stags of that age to be running about together?  That is a bit past what I can do.
It's way past what I can do too. It's called selection. The stags that are left get penned, the weak and injured get culled. I would elaborate more if you interested but lll need a phone number. I don't feel like creating another account with my good standing and all. Then again you could call me Earl of sammich.

I would be worried about the stags getting into pen area where they would cause loss of selected and often older stags and cocks. Only way I could prevent problems is by way of distance. I can keep a cock out of the way most of the time but not stags that are much less predictable about where they go. As soon as the start around pens and meet a stranger it is mess time.

I would be worried about the stags getting into pen area where they would cause loss of selected and often older stags and cocks.  Only way I could prevent problems is by way of distance.  I can keep a cock out of the way most of the time but not stags that are much less predictable about where they go.  As soon as the start around pens and meet a stranger it is mess time.
I have electric fences around the pens. The ones that start getting close get penned or culled depending on the bird. I watch them very closely. I have had some incidents but not many. The worst was a miner in a pen. The bird in the pen did not tear himself up but he is very accurate with his beak. Unfortunately.

I only have a few left running loose most are the younger bunch andthere's two more that need culling. The rest are pullets.

Allow me to assist in getting them pics on here earl. Not hard at all

[First

Then this

Then that

And this

And finally that

Now your pics should show

If it's desktop just let me know I'll go through that if need be

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back