Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
She only hatched that 1! But she's good n so is the biddy. Mine go broody on like 5 or 6 eggs!! Why not more?

That was a good one shubin gotta admit it who woulda thunk it lol. If raised together maybe but I've always had serious problems trying to reintegrate a hen that's been removed even for literally 5 mins just to handle. And males no way after 5 mo or so no got to be separated. Won't work. And it's not gradual they just wake up one day ****** and it's on

That was a good one shubin gotta admit it who woulda thunk it lol. If raised together maybe but I've always had serious problems trying to reintegrate a hen that's been removed even for literally 5 mins just to handle. And males no way after 5 mo or so no got to be separated. Won't work. And it's not gradual they just wake up one day ****** and it's on
yeah... separating stags is always a sure way to mess up any pecking order. No going back afterwards... I heard rain does the same, because they no longer recognize the each other.

I have a good handle on my hens and know which ones will work together. In my 4'x4' pens I find that its best to only have one hen with the rooster. The aviary pens, both 10' x 7', can handle about 4 hens each. The rest I have free range, probably 8 hens.

yeah... separating stags is always a sure way to mess up any pecking order. No going back afterwards... I heard rain does the same, because they no longer recognize the each other.

I have a good handle on my hens and know which ones will work together. In my 4'x4' pens I find that its best to only have one hen with the rooster. The aviary pens, both 10' x 7', can handle about 4 hens each. The rest I have free range, probably 8 hens.
nah what I meant was that the stags will have to be separated for good at about that age or they will fight till they die. If one runs the other runs after they won't just let it go. I'm talking about more than one male in a flock not one male here and one 12 acres away. Let's say 6 pullets and 2 or 3 stags in a clutch in a pen 30'sq. At around 5 mo they other males will have to be removed from the pen or they will fight until one is left no pecking order. If anybody has been able to keep more than one male in a flick together with only a pecking order then they Dunghill sorry.

Last edited:
Shubin pm me your phone number I'll text u. I will show you it can't be done. To settle it.

I will put the hen back in the pen with another that she had been with since about 3 months old. She's been out for about 3 weeks. It lasts about 3 seconds

nah what I meant was that the stags will have to be separated for good at about that age or they will fight till they die. If one runs the other runs after they won't just let it go. I'm talking about more than one male in a flock not one male here and one 12 acres away. Let's say 6 pullets and 2 or 3 stags in a clutch in a pen 30'sq. At around 5 mo they other males will have to be removed from the pen or they will fight until one is left no pecking order. If anybody has been able to keep more than one male in a flick together with only a pecking order then they Dunghill sorry.
Yeah penned up stags will probably fight earlier. I never keep stags penned prior to separation... so I cant say much for that, as all my stags are free range.

Free range they last longer before needing separation. You have seen my posts where I have multiple 6-7-8 month olds together roaming free range. But they are usually kept in check by an adult cock. Once I pen up the stags they need to stay separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom