Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
71DAFBA3-75B8-46F0-B6D7-1B60580645DF.jpeg

Concerning the RIR story... obviously there is no way for me to know if what I read was true. I personally would not do that, for a couple reasons. One I think you are selling false goods, Two your results might not be what you want and finally if your preservation breeding that has just undone that. The only reason I would do that is to study genetic behavior and I just think there is other better ways to do that at this point. Apparently she did it because the RIR lay more eggs thus she could produce more chicks and the leg scale pattern produced was highly sought. The lady’s name was not given out... seems to be the poster said it was a relative. No line type names given also... so it could be bovine manure. If it was line trash talk like some folks like to do then the poster did not to good at that other than scaring people away from yellow legged lines. On the other hand it does point out leg scale pattern is not the beginning and end of choosing good game, which in the Vietnamese community it has apparently a big impact on their choices. It was off a thread on scale patterns and what they mean to the Vietnamese folks on a game fowl forum. I honestly cannot remember which one as there are several I lurk and read on. I have only tid bits of info I gleaned on leg scales... as I find the lore interesting from different countries. Just nerdy me learning random stuff.

Hope to find some chicks today... the closest I will probably be able to get to game is Cornish... oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom