Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by delawaregirl09, Sep 27, 2009.

1. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    I'll candle for the last time tonight, hopefully they're just late babies. [​IMG]

Depending on who's a boy and who's a girl out of this hatch, I might be looking for some more Delaware eggs guys... hint, hint... [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Our friend, Ladyhawk, appears to be under clear skies for the first time since this trek started six days ago. She'll be in KY by tonight, I suspect. And there she will stay, I'm sure.

3. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:Hip Hip Hooray! ! ! ! !

4. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Forever, and ever, forever and ever! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!!! HALEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELUUUUUJAAAAAAAH!!!!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  5. speckledhen

She's in Illinois now. They're going to push through and try to get home tonight. Told her to call me when she got there, after she gets the dirt out of her mouth from kissing the ground, LOL.

6. kathyinmo

Quote:Is that Johnny Cash song, "Six days on the road and I'm gonna make it home tonight!" [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

Hahaha, yes, it is! Well, it's a song, not sure about Johnny Cash.

8. kathyinmo

I'm sure she is singing it! .... or something! [​IMG]

Cyn, One of my pullets squatted to lay an egg right in front of me. As I watched .... I saw 2 eggs come out, both soft shelled! She then proceeded to turn around to eat them! I quickly grabbed them, as I don't want that to get started! Next, I went and mixed oyster shell in with their feed. I have it free choice, but thought this may help some.

Della was up on my lap tonight, and my DD was visiting and sitting with me. One of the other girls (now named Stella) appeared to be jealous [​IMG] and hopped up on DD's lap! I am telling you, I absolutely love my first Delaware hatch kids! None will ever be this special! [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

One of my blue Ameraucanas is now laying soft shelled eggs every time. Not sure why--she has been supplemented with calcium and they have it free choice, too, but she will eat it if it smushes in the nest. I've never had any of them actually break an egg to eat, but if it gets smashed in the nest, they'll all do it.

10. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Quote:Apparently all I could get out of anyone was about their muddy feet. Thanks anyhow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by