Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

I'll candle for the last time tonight, hopefully they're just late babies.
fl.gif

Depending on who's a boy and who's a girl out of this hatch, I might be looking for some more Delaware eggs guys... hint, hint...
frow.gif

I'm sure she is singing it! .... or something!
gig.gif

Cyn, One of my pullets squatted to lay an egg right in front of me. As I watched .... I saw 2 eggs come out, both soft shelled! She then proceeded to turn around to eat them! I quickly grabbed them, as I don't want that to get started! Next, I went and mixed oyster shell in with their feed. I have it free choice, but thought this may help some.

Della was up on my lap tonight, and my DD was visiting and sitting with me. One of the other girls (now named Stella) appeared to be jealous
gig.gif
and hopped up on DD's lap! I am telling you, I absolutely love my first Delaware hatch kids! None will ever be this special!
love.gif

One of my blue Ameraucanas is now laying soft shelled eggs every time. Not sure why--she has been supplemented with calcium and they have it free choice, too, but she will eat it if it smushes in the nest. I've never had any of them actually break an egg to eat, but if it gets smashed in the nest, they'll all do it.

Back
Top Bottom