Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Mine are her stock, but I need more, I will be saving the eggs I get to incubate but want more of hers, these are great.

Wishing her well, and miss her on these threads.

My Delaware Henrietta. The pics are from 3 weeks ago. She is now about 12 weeks old. She is so calm and quiet. Is it typical of the breed? She is the smallest of my hens, the most laid back and shy. She loves to nap in the run, sometimes in the sun or in the corner and will tuck her head under her wing.

44429_4652989849826_2010728223_n.jpg
379855_4659844621191_484364232_n.jpg

To date mine are the most docile and quiet chickens that I have ever had, and, good layers of extra large eggs, at one year of age. I am looking forward to hatching more of them. I have a dozen eggs in the incubator and saving more.

A postscript to my previous, I am handfeeding my hens and the rooster, who I call Del, imaginative, right? They very graciously take dandelions, lettuce or anything else that I offer in my hand, they are probably the most docile chickens I can recall. Buff orpingons were nice too, as well as wyandottes, but these are great pet candidates.

I will add that they are also excellent layers of extra large light brown eggs. Same diet as others, but right now they are outlaying the Icelandics. I will be comparing three breeds in every category, not to see which is 'best' as I know each will excell in a number of areas. But just comparing them.

The Delawares are holding their own, they are keepers.

Back
Top Bottom